S-line grill

chris1988brown

Reaction score
hi guys, sorry for the possible repaet post, ive tried searching but seams the search option is unavailable,

what im after is a step by step guid on removing the grill from my 2007 a3 s-line, would be grately appreciated.

cheers chris

CHEERS GUYS, navnayyar can you really get it out with out doing what is says in the link? what about the screws on the back of the grill? have you actualy done it by removing the 3 screws and pulling? cheers chris

They have about another 8 screws behind the grill so the bumper needs to come off. Also there are loads of clips holding the bumper in place and they are a complete mission to release without the bumper off...

ive had mine off tonight and took 15mins with out removin the bumper, just need to order my optics grill now, only removed it to see how it comes off lol

lol why would i take pics when i was just seein how it come off? When i have a optics grill i'll do a step by step 2show you how easy it is:)

lol why would i take pics when i was just seein how it come off? When i have a optics grill i'll do a step by step 2show you how easy it is:)

Did you do the conversion? any pics?

I'm wanting to change mine but don't fancy removing the bumper so if it can be done with bumper in place then i'll do it

Hi N8
i'm wanting to fit either the FK or optics black grille
I'm also looking into the rear valance - will the S3 or black edition valance fit into the 2006 S-Line rear bumper?

I've also ordered a pair of stainless tailpipe trims, the idea is to cut the origional downswept pipes off and fit the new straight trims :)

Sry I forgot bout this thread lol, ye I removed the grill without removing the bumper however there is 2 screws behind the grill which I sawd through with a hack saw blade then removed once the grill is off as they arnt needed at all, how ever it will be easier to remove the grill by removing the bumper, but ocethem screws are out and left out, if u remove in the future you will just have to pull the grill to remove