2.0 tfsi quattro 1 week on...

Bradders

Reaction score
1 week on and 900 miles later I am very impressed with the car. Just returned from a 600 mile round trip on M ways, A and B roads from Leeds to north east Scotland and back in two days.

The car holds the road like no other I've owned - including a Mk1 TT and Mazda MX5. The power delivery is smooth and linear once you get past 2500 rpm and this makes over taking a breeze - especially useful behind HGVs on the A66 in atrocious weather coming back last night. The Xenons were superb.

The car is silent at 90mph and I got a very surprising 37mpg overall.

My only gripe is that the offset pedals and cramped space around them makes for a slightly uncomfortable drive. There just isn't enough room around the accelerator for my size 9s. I think I've got the seat position sorted now but daren't move it!

Cant imagine that the S4 is that much better :)whistle2:) Overall I'm very pleased indeed!! Great family car but also brilliant in the twisties when you want to have a bit of fun too!!

Last edited:
The car is silent at 90mph and I got a very surprising 37mpg overall.

Surprising is an understatement. I'm assumming this is a figure off the DIS? I guess you've filled up two or three times. How does the real consumption compare?

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Glad you're enjoying it Bradders, but in answer to your question, the S4 really is that much better..:)....Imagine yours with another 100 bhp and a great engine sound and you will be somewhere close.
I am really impressed with the mpg too.....I am never going to see the high 30's like you do, but on a long motorway run at a steady 80/90 ish, I recently got 33mpg ( measured actual, not from the DIS ) and with what must have been a following wind..not really up to Audi's extra urban claims but not bad !

Have heard about the issues with the pedal layout, but I am 6ft with size 10's and my wife is 5ft 2 with size 4's and neither of us has had a problem with it so it only seems to affect some people which is really weird.

Anyway, glad you like the car......mine is certainly the best car I have ever owned by a country mile !!

Surprising is an understatement. I'm assumming this is a figure off the DIS? I guess you've filled up two or three times. How does the real consumption compare?

Glad you're enjoying it :)

ScoTTy - that's actual brimming to brimming - filled up before we left from Leeds and then on leaving St Andrews. The 50mph restrictions along the A1 certainly helped, lol!!

Glad you're enjoying it Bradders, but in answer to your question, the S4 really is that much better..:)....Imagine yours with another 100 bhp and a great engine sound and you will be somewhere close.

Cheers, Shadowman - You'll have me checking out Autotrader over lunch-time now!!

I'm beginning to believe this larger figures. I had a cross country thrash tonight and the car seems much happier than the town work it normally has to endure. I was watching the mpg and it seems after 5-10 miles (i.e. once properly warmed up) it started to improve. Despite me "pushing on" I got back with 31mpg showing on the DIS.

Looking forward to getting mine and trying it out on the French roads to Brittany in a couple of months time. Will be interesting to see mpg results.

Interested to read the mpg figures. I've done 1200 miles in my Avant 2.0 tfsi Quattro, s-tronic and am getting 26 mpg. Not good and nowhere near the audi claims. Had a 56 plate Special Edition A4 2.0.T and that returned far better figures, 30-35. I don't drive like a lunatic either!!

My real average consumption so far is 22.9. This is due to it being terrible in town and we had been taking our kid to nursery. Now he's at scholl which is a walk away I'm expecting improvements .... plus the car will be used less. :D

Ah, that makes me feel better :)

Another gripe is that I've got the s-tronic box and the lag from standstill is bordering on ****** dangerous. Read on a few forums about updates to the firmware making improvemnets but will find out more when it goes in to the dealer on Thursday. Back on consumption, it makes you wonder how audi can state the figures they do when in the real world they're nowhere near!!!

My father complained to VW about the consumption figures from the DIS compared to actual. They connected the car to the computer which showed no problems, however the guy did say that the car is tested/callibrated on a rolling road unit, rather than on actual roads.:think:

Even so, 22.9 is pretty crap, that's the sort of mpg I get from the P1!!

1 week on I have averaged 32.1mpg; that's a little bit of motorway driving, lots of country road and town driving and the school run.

Mmm, 24.9 for me, don't boot it about either. Got a feeling it maybe down to the s-tronic box and 4-wheel drive. Oh well, stuck with it now, just have to drive extremely sensibly!!

My reading is from the DIS, I haven't had a chance to fill it up yet, so will be interested to see what the actual figure is.