Front headlight washers

02audis3

Reaction score
Hello Need some help,
On the bumper on the s3 facelift one of the plastic covers for the wwashers sticks out to far? Have tried to force it in like the other side but no luck,

How can i fix this they work fine but just doesnt look good.

Thanks

I had similar issue on mine, first they wouldn't work then once i got them going finally the offside one sat just proud of the bumper.
I pulled them out by hand and squirted a bit of WD40 down the mechanism and worked them in and out by hand, they work fine now.
el cheapo fixo.

you tried squirting them to see if they will go in them selves
They do work and go in just one doesnt go right in properley out about 2cm

I had similar issue on mine, first they wouldn't work then once i got them going finally the offside one sat just proud of the bumper.
I pulled them out by hand and squirted a bit of WD40 down the mechanism and worked them in and out by hand, they work fine now.
el cheapo fixo.
Thanks alot mate try that

el cheapo fixo.
how did you get them to work mine dont work at all:sos:

First thing was I had my front bumper off to replace a headlamp so I checked all the hoses that run along the back of the bumper and they were all fine. Checked the hose down from the reservoir while i as at it.

Then checked the fuse (can't remember which one it is but it is a 20 amp, yellow, tells you in the owners manual) and found it blown. Replaced the fuse, tried again and it popped. gave the motor a closer dose of looking at and found it had a crack down the side.

Ordered from local Audi dealer: a new pump (3B7955681), rubber grommet (431955465A, not sure if this is really required but i replaced it anyway, cost pennies!), and last but not least is the electrical connector (1J0973722A, as the original connector and the new pump electrical connections did not match) then fitted em all. the old pump just pulls out and the new one pushes in.

There are two options here, one is to order that last part and replace the connector which I did, or you can gently file of the extra plastic 'spline' on the connection of the new pump so it will fit (obvious when you see them), tbh the conector is fairly easy to fit.

Then was a case of new fuse in, put water in and spray away. that was when i found that the mechanical action of the washer jets moving was a bit sticky and one didn't retract fully so as i said just pulled them out by hand and sprayed WD then gave them a good working in and out.

I also put a load of fairly hot water through the washers,not sure if this actually helped at all but i figured since they had not been in use for so long it wouldn't hurt.

Ross.

Last edited:
They do work and go in just one doesnt go right in properley out about 2cm

Do you mean it sticks out 2cm? That's a long way! My off-side washer cover sticks out about 3mm and is "loose" compared to the near-side one. Any ideas why this could be? Only had the car a couple of months so not completely familiar with it yet. :readit: