My new S.Blue S3!!

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Well, being long over due, I finally bit the bullet and bought a new car!

After months and months of contemplation and persuasion I finally did it and purchased a new car today!

My problem was what should I change too? I love'd the A3 and finding a replacement was proving very, very difficult and my hair was being torn out by the torment! lol

Where did the A3 go? I planned to trade it in as I had no other way of transport if I had sold it privately and couldn't have been bothered with the hassle but I arrived home the other evening and my parents offered to buy it because my brother is now home for a year! Therefore, it is staying within the family again in standard guise!

So, I finally found a car to spec, age, miles, price etc... and here it is:

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

Spec is as follows:

2007 Audi S3
2.0TFSI 265PS
Sprint Blue
16700 Miles

Two Tone Leather
Arm Rest
Through Loader in back seats
Black headlining

Xenons with winter pack
Heated seats
Lumbar support
Audi mats

Audi Sat Nav with Bluetooth
Light Pack (reading lights, red LED's, footwell lights, puddle and door lights)
Auto Dimming Rear Mirror

Mods so far include:

TTS Air vents
S3 Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel (FBMFSW)
My Custom speaker grills
Audi Torch
Facelift Rear Lights
Silver indicators

Mods to Come over next few months (hopefully before ED38):

Focal components
Audiocontrol EQL
Genesis 4ch
Optics Pack (black grill)
Maybe Lamin-x
De-rear wiper
Lowerage - either H&R springs or coilovers
Wheels maybe!

Until I get used to fueling a petrol, mild tuning is put on hold but I am sure it will be on the cards eventually! 340bhp is easily achievable in these but at the minute, its quick enough!!

All pics here:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/Marc_CRX/BoydiesS3/

Last edited:
Reactions: ivelger and warren_S5
First of all congratz on the new car Boydie. Sprint Blue is the best colour i think to go for :) Great photo's aswell im having hard time picking which one my favourite ha! Picked 100% the 3rd picture with the facelift lights.
How does the car feel compared to your tdi? Any other mods in planned?
I do hope your putting your alloys on the car! I thik they look great on.
Missing the A3 at all? I see its staying in the family again! How long its been in your family for lol? Once again great looking car, great photos :)
Glad your happy that you got it!

Thanks

Ashley

Dude I have to say I'm in shock! After all your deliberation is this a joke to mess me abount?? If not then wow you have pushed a big boat out.

Welcome to the S3 club. You are by far the most deservest member.

Stunning Car! Glad you found the one you wanted. ENJOY!!

Thats a beautiful car mate. That is the best color of the regular range by far.
Enjoy it.

Guys no joke but hard to believe myself!!

Comparing it to the TDI - apart from the obvious power delivery, its not much different I find. The sales man commented on how I was going through the gears as he said normally people were a bit **** lol interior is just a nice refresh and the handling is better but not far off!

Have to go back to my mates today to continue stripping the A3 and then off home to deliver it back to my parents so I will get a good 140miles done today!! Cringing still about the fuel bills but I am sure I will get used to it soon enough!!

Thanks

v nice mate nice colour sprint blue are you putting your ch's on , i hope you dont get rid of them on the other car just swap em over ...

Congrats..... very very very nice car!! :hubbahubba:

Can't help but laugh at the two cheek and crack indent in the driver's seat though!! :lmfao:

Can't help but laugh at the two cheek and crack indent in the driver's seat though!! :lmfao:

You made me go back to check that photo! :faint:

Apart from this beautiful car, enjoy!

Congrats..... very very very nice car!! :hubbahubba:

LMAO!! Wasn't my ***.....my imprint would be bigger :(

Thanks for the comments - CH's will be going on once lowering is sorted but also contemplating speedlines!

welcome to s3 club :racer:
car looks awsome, and the specs are great :o.k:
enjoy it as much as you can!
:beerchug:

LMAO!! Wasn't my ***.....my imprint would be bigger :(

Thanks for the comments - CH's will be going on once lowering is sorted but also contemplating speedlines!

congrats mate! welcome to the club! let me know if you decide to go speedline route.. 1st dibs on the CH's :drool:

Congrats mate very nice and almost identical to mine. Health to drive etc. Oh and your next mod should be re-tune the radio cause Cool F.M. sucks! :happy:

Nice example, enjoy. You haven't messed around getting things swapped over or the photos for that matter. :icon_thumright:

beautiful machine boydie, im sure you will be very happy with her :)

cal

congratz on finding the car you wanted mate! looks mint

I just realised, does your steering wheel have flappy panels but your car is a manual? Do they do anything or are they just there.

Hi mate

Hope your good and I'm loving your new motor!

Looks awesome and a very high spec too!

Im looking forward to see what you do to this one

best of luck with the new motor!

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Congrats mate. Looks like you got yourself a very nice car there. Photos are excellent and you have got the best colour available LOL......not that I am bisased :)

I just realised, does your steering wheel have flappy panels but your car is a manual? Do they do anything or are they just there.

Yeah, has the paddles as thats how I bought it off NHN!

Thanks very much for the comments folks!! I managed to get 34mpg to work this morning haha just testing it!!

Been having a lot of fun with the car since Friday but my main objective this weekend was to return my A3 to standard!! Putting in standard suspension is a complete nightmare!!

Debating wether to go H&R springs or coilovers?? There is an Orange S3 for sale on PH with H&R springs and 19" BBS CH and looks the part so might go down that route - springs are £160 from germany!

Congrats mate very nice and almost identical to mine. Health to drive etc. Oh and your next mod should be re-tune the radio cause Cool F.M. sucks! :happy:

LOL Cool FM does suck balls but was the only thing decent on at the time - I have CD's made up though now and going to wait a few weeks until I can get an ipod controller for the media player!

Where abouts are you from?

Lovely car mate, well done.

Nice to see you don't feel the need to slag off the TDI! :o.k:

LOL Cool FM does suck balls but was the only thing decent on at the time - I have CD's made up though now and going to wait a few weeks until I can get an ipod controller for the media player!

Where abouts are you from?

I live in Newry mate. I've had mine since October 07 and its been a cracking car. Quiet and pretty economical when you want it to be and a bit of a hooligan when your in the mood for that. Love the Sprint Blue colour and get loads of great comments about it. Probably the best thing tho is the vast majority of people aint got a clue what it is!

Yeah, has the paddles as thats how I bought it off NHN!

Thanks very much for the comments folks!! I managed to get 34mpg to work this morning haha just testing it!!

Been having a lot of fun with the car since Friday but my main objective this weekend was to return my A3 to standard!! Putting in standard suspension is a complete nightmare!!

Debating wether to go H&R springs or coilovers?? There is an Orange S3 for sale on PH with H&R springs and 19" BBS CH and looks the part so might go down that route - springs are £160 from germany!

i think thats savs s3 he must be selling it , same springs as mine to

no he's on about savs mate with ch alloys read again ph piston heads

i like my springs there spot on ,still a little harsh nothing like sline though ...

no he's on about savs mate with ch alloys read again ph piston heads

i like my springs there spot on ,still a little harsh nothing like sline though ...

Ohh my bad. Sorry about that blazin. How much is the car lowered by now?

just the same as savs 35 mm looks just right i think ...handle's and corners well , alot better than on 18s with sline suspension it feels more planted to the road i could go for arbs but i dont do track days so wouldnt bother tbh

Last edited:
who said it was crap on 19's , where does it say this ....?????
i said its better with the h&r on 19s