RS4 conversion

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
hi there ppl, iv got an a4 cabriolet 3.0 and i am in the process of gathering prices for parts to do an rs4 conversion, so far these are the prices i have gathered:-

bonnet - £191 +vat
front bumper - £353 + vat
front bumper grille - £140 + vat
fog light - £50.90 + vat each
fog light grilles - £13.40 + vat each
front wings - £118 + vat each
side skirts - £53 + vat each
rear quarter panels - £575 + vat each (OUCH!!!)
rear bumper - £215 + vat each
front slam panel - £175.96 + vat

i have already got the rear lights and chrome mirrors.

these are all brand new oem parts but was hoping someone is able to discount from audi parts? it would be much appreciated :blush:

thanks

For the amount of effort and cost you might as well just sell it and buy an RS4... dont forget you'll need the B7 front lights as well seeing as yours is a B6. I'm all for modding but you're really just ******* money down the drain because at the end of the day it will still be a 3.0 Cab... and you'll feel pretty stupid when something none too special beats you at the lights.

im only 19 years old, so im getting on fine with the insurance on the cab, but insurance on a rs4 will be stupid, im not gonna be an idiot and put rs4 badges on the car, but i just love the look of the rs4, im not doing it to race others at lights, i dont do racing, its pathetic, looks are more important imho.

wheels are sorted aswell ;),

im still really unconfident of this project lol. i dont want to end up getting most of the parts and find out that i need loads more stuff, this is why im asking you knowledgable members out there for your much needed advice :)

im only 19 years old, so im getting on fine with the insurance on the cab, but insurance on a rs4 will be stupid,

Dont you think the insurance company will be interested when you've turned it into something that looks like an RS4 cab? You'll get mullered for insurance just as bad and if you dont tell them thats insurance fraud...

go for it mate, i know where your coming from..

what wheels are you using??

im looking for some rs4's in 19's but want them to look bowed like the originals not flat they look **** tbf

19 years old and driving a 3.0 A4 Cab, you must be doing well! Whilst I'm all for the Look-A-Like conversions, I personally think it's quite a lot of money and effort just to get an RS4 look, but each to their own.

Goodluck with your project.

Personally I wouldn't do it mate. RS4 badges or not it will still look like one. if you don't tell the insurance company about the conversion, if you were to have a bump in it (God forbid) they won't pay out. Don't get me wrong I like mods, but in my opinion this is a little bit to much. Each to there own though ;-)

Good luck anyway ;-)

I'm awaiting my good friend Gerry to finish his A4 B7 Avant RS4 conversion, should get next week for me to fix his canbus headlight wiring, promised me a lesson on how far sideways you can get a car to go, lol, he's a proper driver not like driving miss daisy me, funny thing is he's also got the authentic one in the garage, lol, some people have it all huh, guess he wanted matching but cheaper running costs for the wife, lol

i love the look of the rs4, im not going to stick rs4 badges on it because it wont be, but its the looks im after, not the performance, im happy with the performance and economy of the 3.0l :)

and NHN, ur mate gerry dont happen to live in berkshire does he? i think i saw his car the other week at AVIT in slough, its dark blue in colour right, with 3.0tdi engine???
i actually would love to have a word with the garage where he got his bodywork done from?

cheers, mo :)

I cant reveal my sources but you could be right, lol, I think they're unable to do the headlight wiring, which is the point where I got called up, typical **** jobs to do, but hey satisfying work.

Yesssshhhhhhh I've seen some before & partial images, just awaiting the final finish & drive so I can decide if I want one aswell, lol.

it was a b7 before aswell wasnt it? do you knw which garage carried out the work on the body?

Have to check with G when chat next.

if you could get the details for me, it wud be much appreciated, thanks:thumbsup:

Hi there,

I have an 03 cabby and want to get the b7 look...
Having read your posts, i went to audi yesterday for a good ol' chat. All the parts for the front end came to £1800. Thats just the front end. He was putting in every single bracket though.

He warned me about the wings though, saying maybe the line which runs down it will be different. Any advice on that?

Also, he said the bonnet and front bumper could be the same as on the saloon. This would help me greatly as its easier to find an A4 Saloon breaking than a a4 cabby. Any comments on this? He never said they are the same parts.

I think its good, but I don't know about the money getting it all from audi.. The more expensive stuff like headlights and foglights would be better to get from a breaking a4, and the stuff you can't get, then go to audi. I just need to know if headlights are same on the saloon as the cabby, also the same with bonnet, grill and bumper. Wings may be different, or maybe not.

Any advice helpful.

Also, rear lights is the easiest to change to give the rear a B7 look. Audi said only 80quid each, not bad considereing i've seen them go for over 70quid each on ebay....

Hello mate, according to the ppl that i have been speaking to, wings, bumper, bonnet are all different. Im trying to source the parts used, but due to family issues im unable to start the project yet but will be starting soon.

if u want to source the parts cheap, try 24/7 spares, they seem to have all the parts needed but i havent actually used them myself yet but why not give the breakers a call and go from there. 24/7 have links with breakers all over the uk, so ur bound to find the part needed.

to be on the safe side, i am sourcing the parts of another cabriolet because id rather wait and get the right part than end up with the wrong one.

let me know how u get on

mo

Check out www.Broadfieldz.com , They do extremely good replicas, Costs around £8K for the whole conversion, And a 2 week process, But worth it rather than doing it yourself and possibly ruining the car :blackrs4: ...

Im thinking about doing a conversion in the next 3 weeks, Would it be possible to drop an B7 RS4 engine, Gearbox & ECU into a standard A4 B7 2.0 FSI Saloon? And also a bit lost on where i can find an Engine, Gearbox & ECU, No luck on ebay :tumble:

what wheels are you using

im looking for some rs4's in 19's but want them to look bowed like the originals not flat they look **** tbf

You want VMR V708 reps then mate - look great! Check out the A3 8P action, think they're trying to get a group buy going on.

OP - good luck with the project mate. Keep us all updated on the project if you do go ahead with it.

Im thinking about doing a conversion in the next 3 weeks, Would it be possible to drop an B7 RS4 engine, Gearbox & ECU into a standard A4 B7 2.0 FSI Saloon?

You'd have to check mounts, suspension etc given the engine is bigger & heavier, nothings impossible but have to make sure the chassis can holdup to it, just check etka see if it shares the same chassis at least, not my ballgame, atm, but things I'd consider if doing that.

Just don't forget about the brake discs and calipers, bit of a give away!

Some impressive stuff there

Yeah its the little things that always give it away lol...

Seen the work in front of me and its excellent, Im have an RS4 '06, Lined it up against the Replica and couldnt tell the difference!
Will be putting in all my effort into it, And will keep you guys updated:)

You'd have to check mounts, suspension etc given the engine is bigger & heavier, nothings impossible but have to make sure the chassis can holdup to it, just check etka see if it shares the same chassis at least, not my ballgame, atm, but things I'd consider if doing that.

Cheers for the info, Will do some research on that tonight.
I wanted to do something a little different, It would basically be an RS4 but classified as a 2.0 FSI, After spending £8 - 10K on the conversion i would be really daft not to slam a second hand 4.2 V8 into it at an extra cost of around £2500 :think:

does anybody know if an audi rs4 rear bumper would fit an sline b7 rear bumper ??
or would my arches need to be wide too for the bumper to fit?

Just buy an RS4, a real one. Once you've added up the cost of the conversion, get hammered by the insurance company and find a big loss eventually selling it there'll be little difference in overall costs.

One thing I noticed from the original post... Has the RS4 grill really jumped up that much in price :0 £140+Vat

I would never do a RS4 conversion. Common sense is to sell the car and get a real one surely??

Reactions: Euans2