Chris NottEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: ASN Scottish meet March 2014 (With a difference) Have a look!

5th Gear

Status

ASN Scottish meet March 2014 (With a difference) Have a look!

Hello guys......

1st off, we all talk the talk on ASN, but who can actually walk the walk on track? That is the question??

Myself and (Richard) R90STL were talking the other night about possible upcoming meets and how things are all very quiet on the forum during the winter and have decided to kick the start of car season off with a bang and a good bit of fun thrown in....!

We'd all like to see who is the REAL drivers amongst us and with legal issues on public roads and the costs involved in taking our cars to track days i.e tyres and possible car damage, we have came up with the perfect solution to a great day out for all...

We suggested that we have a kart day meet at the start of March, to kick start spring coming back and the beginning of the long awaited car season again! The meet ideally would take place on Sunday the 2nd of March at Scotkart Cambuslang in Glasgow as its a central location for all wanting to come from North, South or locally central and its actually a pretty decent track (Located just off the M74)..... I have done a bit of investigating since our discussion and it would be in a Grand Prix format with podiums and medals, winner takes all, and of course the kudos from fellow Audi drivers...

The overall format has not been finalised as we have to gauge interest 1st to see the numbers that would possibly be attending and then get the ball moving from then on... I have spoken with Scotkart and they are willing to give us a possible discount dependant on numbers, and you all know how we like a discount on ASN.... Typically on average looking about £40 per head, but again this is only an estimation until an idea of numbers is aquired....

I think you would all agree that this would be a fantastic day out and such a good laugh between us Audi lovers... Obviously we can still see all our cars during the meet and hopefully the Scotkart carpark will become more busy than an Audi forecourt.... Having some conversations between the local boys so far we have 5 names down on the list.... If your looking to put your name down then please let comment bleow with what dates your available out of the below list... dont miss a cracking day out!

*Edit*
    Due to peoples prior commitments and other circumstance we'll leave a vote open on the thread til the start of Feb before a date is set in stone.. i'd like it to be a good day had by all and try and get the biggest crowd we've seen yet... If money is also a concern then there is no need not to come and enjoy the day and spectate... there is going to be a fair few Audis there for us all to feast our eyes on aswell....

Ideally we are looking at March and at a weekend... Would need to defo be a Sunday tho as this is when the Grand Prix format is on... its endurance on a Saturday and we'll all like that bit of extra competition would we not.... So available dates so far would be

Sun 2nd March, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th...... We all need to come together on this 1 so no1 misses out..... Ideally it will be an afternoon session, but I need to get a list of names of potentials to go to Scotkart to try arrange discounts, dates and times... Cheers guys!

Names down so far....

1. S3_Jacko (Available any Sunday, not missing out on this)
    2. R90STL (Available any Sunday, not missing out on this)
    3. AliG475 (Available any Sunday)
    4. Turbonutz (Waiting on confirmation of available dates, due to working down south)
    5. A3 Fizzle (Available any Sunday, so far)

List continuing from original post...

6. JG51 AUD (Possible) (Available dependant on shifts, dates to be confirmed)
    7. JG51 AUD +1 (Possible) (Available dependant on dads shifts)
    8. Muzza80 (16th, 23rd All day 9th, 30th before 3pm)
    9. GFermer (All other dates apart from the 2nd)
    10. Manor13 (Awaiting dates when available)
    11. Brodster (Available all dates)
    12. Gazthesparky (All dates?)
    13. Markos72 (Possible... Still awaiting confirmation)
    14. MartayMcFly (Possible.. Needs date finalised before confirmation, but no 9th)

I'll keep this running for a few weeks to get updates on names before its booked and finalised... Obviously a lot more info will come once enough info has been obtained........

Heres some pictures of the venue, good track and well maintained Karts.....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by S3_Jacko; 3rd January 2014 at 18:02.
    MartayMcFly, R90 STL and JG51 AUD like this.
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Nice thread mate as always. I'm sure this should generate a nice bit of interest as we already have 5 before you even made this! Couldn't ask for a better start to the car meets of 2014 and will be great fun for all
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

2nd Gear

Status
    Happy New Years guys, I think this is a gr8 idea, should be a blast, stick my name down as a possible & I'll confirm next week when I go back to work & check my shift pattern.

Cheers JG
    S3_Jacko and R90 STL like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Gutted I'm away on a stag do that weekend.

Would have loved to come too, unless the dates change I wont make it sorry.
    2010 Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition TFSI Quattro

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by JG51 AUD View Post
    Happy New Years guys, I think this is a gr8 idea, should be a blast, stick my name down as a possible & I'll confirm next week when I go back to work & check my shift pattern.

Cheers JG
    I knew we could rely on you john! Hope you and mini you can make it along. All the best mate
    JG51 AUD likes this.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    I knew we could rely on you john! Hope you and mini you can make it along. All the best mate
    Cheers Richard, stick mini me's name (Ryan) down aswell, he'll be there if he's not away to Devon doing his Navy induction training.
    Cheers mate.

5th Gear

Status
    Muzza

Gutter mate, thats 2 in a row lol.... Will need to keep the discussion open for dates aswell as we're looking to get the most bodys as possible, keep an eye on mate and see what happens

2nd Gear

Status
    Any other date I'm in but I'm taking the mrs away for a spa weekend on the Friday 28th were staying fri and the sat so won't manage that Sunday but if the date changes Ill be game love a bit karting we had one Vxronline vs civicinfo at raceland in Edin was brilliant day specially with a bit competition had to put them in there place eh

2nd Gear

Status
    my wife works sundays but if its not to early hopefully I can get a babysitter
    2006 8P Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback SE / 2013 8V Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback

5th Gear

Status
    I see a trend where this is going... What i'll do.. the date is not set in stone and want to make the best day out for all with the biggest crowd possible... we'll leave it open for discussion and i'll put that edit in the main thread.....

2nd Gear

Status
    Cool I'll keep an eye on the forum not going to
    Be ways getting a date that suites everyone I suppose but would be a
    Great day so hopefully I can make
    It

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    I see a trend where this is going... What i'll do.. the date is not set in stone and want to make the best day out for all with the biggest crowd possible... we'll leave it open for discussion and i'll put that edit in the main thread.....
    Agreed the idea is to accommodate the majority as always some people might want to come and watch which is cool too. Not everyone will be on the track at once anyway! And we will of course need someone to watch over our prides and joy haha. I'm ok for any weekend basically

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manor13 View Post
    my wife works sundays but if its not to early hopefully I can get a babysitter
    You available any sunday that month mate privded you can get a babysitter?

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    Walking on the track is usually dangerous, I wouldn't recommend it.

I won't know if I can make this until there's a set date. I know the 9th won't work for me though, got plans on the 8th that will involve unsociable amounts of alcohol.
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Walking on the track is usually dangerous, I wouldn't recommend it.

I won't know if I can make this until there's a set date. I know the 9th won't work for me though, got plans on the 8th that will involve unsociable amounts of alcohol.
    Haha... Will rip the ankles right off you some of the maddies thats going to it... No bother Martay, keeping the date open for discussion as stated trying to not let anyone miss out, be good to see you down

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Im up for it.........hopefully will be better attended than the last one. I think 2 ASN members pitched up before. Beware though that Leslie Kuo is a demon in a race kart. lol. Im free for any date and time unless something catastrophic happens.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    Mark, does Shark do re-map's for go-karts?
    Brodster likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm well up for that :-) put my name down on the list

I'm still without my driving licence so really missing driving my Audi :-( (due to health reasons) not me being a naughty boy

And whats even better is I live in cambuslang 2 mins down the road from the karting

Should be a fab day

A4 B7 2.0ltr TDI Cabriolet

Mods
    Puddle lights Illuminated cup holder Cd changer in glove box Interior lighting led upgraded

Full VCDs

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

positive response so far! I am mega excited for this

5th Gear

Status
    Excellent guys, i'll update the list next time i'm on the pc...

2nd Gear

Status
    Im in and im sure in march the sundays im home is 13th and 27? Will keep eye on events a live karting ha
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)

3rd Gear

Status
    16th and 23rd I'm defo free, 9th and 30th I'm free before 3pm so it it was early then no bother.

I'll keep an eye on here.

Would be a good day!
    2010 Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition TFSI Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    May be interested. Haven't karted for a while And be nice to put names to faces,depends on shifts, family commitments too as I am currently trying for a new post at work
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markos72 View Post
    May be interested. Haven't karted for a while And be nice to put names to faces,depends on shifts, family commitments too as I am currently trying for a new post at work
    You could keep us updated then Marcos, gonna close it and get a definitive date and numbers at the end of Jan

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by turbonutz View Post
    Im in and im sure in march the sundays im home is 13th and 27? Will keep eye on events a live karting ha
    Both Thursdays Alex haha.... cool mate, get confirmation of when your back up for sure n txt me or update this

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3_Jacko View Post
    You available any sunday that month mate privded you can get a babysitter?
    works all sundays but I can get a babysitter if its not an early start.
    2006 8P Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback SE / 2013 8V Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manor13 View Post
    works all sundays but I can get a babysitter if its not an early start.
    How early...? Preferably looking at a 12 o'clock, 1 o'clock start... But we'll prob need to be there a hr earlier to be suited and booted

2nd Gear

Status
    16th n 30th oops
    Pre-facelift Sprint blue Audi S3 8P with Shark Stage 3, H&R Anti roll bars, BCS Sport turboback, ITG air intake , Autotech HPFP internals, Titanium Powdercoated OEM wheels LED interior Pack LED bulbs:
    Soon to be added AP X coilovers Porsche 996 Brembo brakes with Brembo X-drilled disks (Still!!)

On hunt for engine mounts and O.Z Superturismo LMs(Maybe)

2nd Gear

Status
    Aye that's fine for me time wise

5th Gear

Status
    It looks like the 16th is in the lead at the moment, as it stands it look as if it caters for the majority so far

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

16th is good mate

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm out if its the 16th,thats my nightshift weekend at the moment
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm up for this anytime
    Brodster likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowen99 View Post
    I'm up for this anytime
    Good man... I'll add you to the list
    Cowen99 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Like the sound of this the 16th is good for me, that's a good looking track the TT will go round that no bother

Reg

2nd Gear

Status
    Any Sunday in March suits me and Ryan, with a bit of notice, I can swap my shifts.
    S3_Jacko likes this.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    This is gonna be carnage guys.........I shall take the bag of photography stuff so we have good pics for the forum.
    S3_Jacko likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers guys... I'm having some problems editing my original post at present... i've sent Sandra a pm and get your names on the list an others available times edited as soon as possible

1st Gear

Status
    Is this still on as I should be able to make any sunday.
    JG51 AUD likes this.
    2006 Audi A6 2.7 tdi Quattro S/line
    GONE BUT NEVER FOGOTTEN 2003 Audi S4 B6 Avant, LPG Converted, 19" BBS Speedlines, Stainless Creations Custom Exhaust.

4th Gear

Status
    Pop me down for any Sunday!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast