ASN Scottish meet March 2014 (With a difference) Have a look!

S3_Jacko

Reaction score
Hello guys......

1st off, we all talk the talk on ASN, but who can actually walk the walk on track? That is the question??

Myself and (Richard) R90STL were talking the other night about possible upcoming meets and how things are all very quiet on the forum during the winter and have decided to kick the start of car season off with a bang and a good bit of fun thrown in....!

We'd all like to see who is the REAL drivers amongst us and with legal issues on public roads and the costs involved in taking our cars to track days i.e tyres and possible car damage, we have came up with the perfect solution to a great day out for all...

We suggested that we have a kart day meet at the start of March, to kick start spring coming back and the beginning of the long awaited car season again! The meet ideally would take place on Sunday the 2nd of March at Scotkart Cambuslang in Glasgow as its a central location for all wanting to come from North, South or locally central and its actually a pretty decent track (Located just off the M74)..... I have done a bit of investigating since our discussion and it would be in a Grand Prix format with podiums and medals, winner takes all, and of course the kudos from fellow Audi drivers...

The overall format has not been finalised as we have to gauge interest 1st to see the numbers that would possibly be attending and then get the ball moving from then on... I have spoken with Scotkart and they are willing to give us a possible discount dependant on numbers, and you all know how we like a discount on ASN.... Typically on average looking about £40 per head, but again this is only an estimation until an idea of numbers is aquired....

I think you would all agree that this would be a fantastic day out and such a good laugh between us Audi lovers... Obviously we can still see all our cars during the meet and hopefully the Scotkart carpark will become more busy than an Audi forecourt.... Having some conversations between the local boys so far we have 5 names down on the list.... If your looking to put your name down then please let comment bleow with what dates your available out of the below list... dont miss a cracking day out!

*Edit*
Due to peoples prior commitments and other circumstance we'll leave a vote open on the thread til the start of Feb before a date is set in stone.. i'd like it to be a good day had by all and try and get the biggest crowd we've seen yet... If money is also a concern then there is no need not to come and enjoy the day and spectate... there is going to be a fair few Audis there for us all to feast our eyes on aswell....

Ideally we are looking at March and at a weekend... Would need to defo be a Sunday tho as this is when the Grand Prix format is on... its endurance on a Saturday and we'll all like that bit of extra competition would we not.... So available dates so far would be

Sun 2nd March, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th...... We all need to come together on this 1 so no1 misses out..... Ideally it will be an afternoon session, but I need to get a list of names of potentials to go to Scotkart to try arrange discounts, dates and times... Cheers guys!

Names down so far....

1. S3_Jacko (Available any Sunday, not missing out on this)
2. R90STL (Available any Sunday, not missing out on this)
3. AliG475 (Available any Sunday)
4. Turbonutz (Waiting on confirmation of available dates, due to working down south)
5. A3 Fizzle (Available any Sunday, so far)

List continuing from original post...

6. JG51 AUD (Possible) (Available dependant on shifts, dates to be confirmed)
7. JG51 AUD +1 (Possible) (Available dependant on dads shifts)
8. Muzza80 (16th, 23rd All day 9th, 30th before 3pm)
9. GFermer (All other dates apart from the 2nd)
10. Manor13 (Awaiting dates when available)
11. Brodster (Available all dates)
12. Gazthesparky (All dates?)
13. Markos72 (Possible... Still awaiting confirmation)
14. MartayMcFly (Possible.. Needs date finalised before confirmation, but no 9th)

I'll keep this running for a few weeks to get updates on names before its booked and finalised... Obviously a lot more info will come once enough info has been obtained........

Heres some pictures of the venue, good track and well maintained Karts.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MartayMcFly, RS5 JON and R90 STL
Nice thread mate as always. I'm sure this should generate a nice bit of interest as we already have 5 before you even made this! Couldn't ask for a better start to the car meets of 2014 and will be great fun for all

Reactions: S3_Jacko
Happy New Years guys, I think this is a gr8 idea, should be a blast, stick my name down as a possible & I'll confirm next week when I go back to work & check my shift pattern. :kissmyrings:

Cheers JG

Reactions: R90 STL and S3_Jacko
Gutted I'm away on a stag do that weekend.

Would have loved to come too, unless the dates change I wont make it sorry. :(

Happy New Years guys, I think this is a gr8 idea, should be a blast, stick my name down as a possible & I'll confirm next week when I go back to work & check my shift pattern. :kissmyrings:

Cheers JG

I knew we could rely on you john! Hope you and mini you can make it along. All the best mate

Reactions: RS5 JON
I knew we could rely on you john! Hope you and mini you can make it along. All the best mate

Cheers Richard, stick mini me's name (Ryan) down aswell, he'll be there if he's not away to Devon doing his Navy induction training.
Cheers mate.

Muzza

Gutter mate, thats 2 in a row lol.... Will need to keep the discussion open for dates aswell as we're looking to get the most bodys as possible, keep an eye on mate and see what happens

Any other date I'm in but I'm taking the mrs away for a spa weekend on the Friday 28th were staying fri and the sat so won't manage that Sunday but if the date changes Ill be game love a bit karting we had one Vxronline vs civicinfo at raceland in Edin was brilliant day specially with a bit competition had to put them in there place eh 😝

I see a trend where this is going... What i'll do.. the date is not set in stone and want to make the best day out for all with the biggest crowd possible... we'll leave it open for discussion and i'll put that edit in the main thread.....

Cool I'll keep an eye on the forum not going to
Be ways getting a date that suites everyone I suppose but would be a
Great day so hopefully I can make
It

I see a trend where this is going... What i'll do.. the date is not set in stone and want to make the best day out for all with the biggest crowd possible... we'll leave it open for discussion and i'll put that edit in the main thread.....

Agreed the idea is to accommodate the majority as always some people might want to come and watch which is cool too. Not everyone will be on the track at once anyway! And we will of course need someone to watch over our prides and joy haha. I'm ok for any weekend basically :)

Walking on the track is usually dangerous, I wouldn't recommend it.

I won't know if I can make this until there's a set date. I know the 9th won't work for me though, got plans on the 8th that will involve unsociable amounts of alcohol.

Walking on the track is usually dangerous, I wouldn't recommend it.

I won't know if I can make this until there's a set date. I know the 9th won't work for me though, got plans on the 8th that will involve unsociable amounts of alcohol.

Haha... Will rip the ankles right off you some of the maddies thats going to it... No bother Martay, keeping the date open for discussion as stated trying to not let anyone miss out, be good to see you down

Im up for it.........hopefully will be better attended than the last one. I think 2 ASN members pitched up before. Beware though that Leslie Kuo is a demon in a race kart. lol. Im free for any date and time unless something catastrophic happens.

I'm well up for that :) put my name down on the list

I'm still without my driving licence so really missing driving my Audi :-( (due to health reasons) not me being a naughty boy

And whats even better is I live in cambuslang 2 mins down the road from the karting

Should be a fab day

Excellent guys, i'll update the list next time i'm on the pc...

Im in and im sure in march the sundays im home is 13th and 27? Will keep eye on events a live karting ha

16th and 23rd I'm defo free, 9th and 30th I'm free before 3pm so it it was early then no bother.

I'll keep an eye on here.

Would be a good day!

May be interested. Haven't karted for a while And be nice to put names to faces,depends on shifts, family commitments too as I am currently trying for a new post at work

May be interested. Haven't karted for a while And be nice to put names to faces,depends on shifts, family commitments too as I am currently trying for a new post at work

You could keep us updated then Marcos, gonna close it and get a definitive date and numbers at the end of Jan

Im in and im sure in march the sundays im home is 13th and 27? Will keep eye on events a live karting ha

Both Thursdays Alex haha.... cool mate, get confirmation of when your back up for sure n txt me or update this

works all sundays but I can get a babysitter if its not an early start.

How early...? Preferably looking at a 12 o'clock, 1 o'clock start... But we'll prob need to be there a hr earlier to be suited and booted

It looks like the 16th is in the lead at the moment, as it stands it look as if it caters for the majority so far

Like the sound of this the 16th is good for me, that's a good looking track the TT will go round that no bother :weight_lift2:

Reg

Any Sunday in March suits me and Ryan, with a bit of notice, I can swap my shifts.

Cheers guys... I'm having some problems editing my original post at present... i've sent Sandra a pm and get your names on the list an others available times edited as soon as possible :)

Is this still on as I should be able to make any sunday.

Reactions: RS5 JON