Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

DavidF92

Reaction score
Hi all

Some of you might have met me at the Edinburgh meet :)

I’ am going to be organizing an Audi-sport.net stand at next years 2013 Scottish car show which happens at Ingliston Royal highland show ground at Edinburgh airport. The show is on the Sunday 21[SUP]st[/SUP] July 2013 it is an all day event. It will be an early start to the day to get setup and the show ends around 4pm. I’ am not 100% on the times but I will find out soon. Only cost is £10 to get in the gate I think I will check this soon. The show has been moved to the Glasgow SECC, date remains July 21st 2013.

If you have nerve been at the show before, it is an event that happens every year around summer time. The show is for all types of car and car groups (modified cars and also car owner clubs). There is an indoor section where 50 of the best show cars are. The must part of the show is outdoor where hundreds off cars can be showed off. There is also the change to win awards for your car or group.

All the years i have been goin to the show i have not seen alot of Audi

It is a great day out for everyone, good day out for the family there are many shows that that kids can have fun on. There is a stunt show that happen which is good to watch.

Links:
I just want to know if anyone would be up for this. I just need a rough number so I know what size of ground that we will needed for the cars

A rough list of people going:

list of Attendees has been moved here

CLUB STAND LIST:
1. MartayMcFly (Martin) - B7 RS4 saloon
2. weebeasTTie (Reg)- Mk1 TT Roadster 225
3. Brodster (Mark +1) - 8P S3 3-dr
4. ESD1711 (Erik) - B7 A4 Avant
5. jimmyf (Jimmy +1) - Mk1 TT quattrosport
6. dzTT (Dazz +1) - 8P A3 BE
7. RS3-KEL (John +1) - 8P RS3
8. sduk (Sammy
) - C6 A6 LeMans saloon
9. Norrs from 'audisrs' (Norman+John +2) - Ur Quattro
10. Sandra's mystery contact (Nick) - R8 coupe
11. - free slot -
12. - free slot -

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David, if we can get decent numbers on this, i could ask Adam (admin) if he would join us with the official audi-sport.net marquee and flags, as long as it doesnt clash with any other of the main audi events down south. :) x

Hi Sandra

I have allready been in-contact with Adam about this ;)

He did say if it is going to be a big show he might come up

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, if your interested in seeing a tdi a6 there then i might come along.

No idea if I'll be able to make it that far in advance, but if I'm onshore I'll come down. Car should be well into the modding regimen by then (plenty of ideas, but not starting until after winter).

I've always thought about going to this show. Might as well say I'm in for now anyway, should have some wee bits and bobs done to the car by then

Dazz

I could b up for this if I'm about hopefully have the car finished by then.

I would be up for this Carnt commit yet due to not knowing work commitments but I would defenitly get involved if I'm free :-D

I'm def interested in this, considering that I work at Edinburgh airport I really sshould make the effort lol

Im up for this. The car will be well a truelly modded for that date. Stage 3 S3 will look nice..

I will be up for this its a great day out (aslong as the weather is ok) i have been on stand with the MG forum before wasa great day

Hi all,
Have check my dates for offshore and will be home for this meet, so can you count me in please, look forward to meet you guys again after Edinburgh Audi meet (still need a machine polish Mark)
Reg, 2001 Olive green TT Roadster 240ps

my last car was a demo car for the painters that done all the wurk on it 1st year i went then 2 years of top 50 but stop going it stop being about the car and was more about what u hat to spend on the cars but out side is better if u car cost 50note s or 100.0000 it does not matter ure all there for the same thing but am up for trying again if there is a stand can use my car if u want

Might be an idea to email them and try getting a stand booked...one of the other clubs I'm on got theres in this week sounds like its starting to fill up :thumbsup:

Add me to this one please.....might keep Dazz company with the A3 (and leave the TT tucked up for the day) :thumbsup:

Might be an idea to email them and try getting a stand booked...one of the other clubs I'm on got theres in this week sounds like its starting to fill up :thumbsup:

A stand would be good, we could get the banners and maybe the flags up (if Sandra is nice to Adam again).

There could be a problem guys. Just got a PM from David but will let him explain. We could possibly be needing another organizer to get an ASN stand at the Scottish show.

There could be a problem guys. Just got a PM from David but will let him explain. We could possibly be needing another organizer to get an ASN stand at the Scottish show.

Just going on the back from this comment. Finding it hard to find the best way for people to pay for the stand. I,am in contact with Sandra and Adam to work out this problem. Trying my best, its my first time doing this so I'am still learning. If any one wants to help out. That would be a great help

Thanks

Just going on the back from this comment. Finding it hard to find the best way for people to pay for the stand. I,am in contact with Sandra and Adam to work out this problem. Trying my best, its my first time doing this so I'am still learning. If any one wants to help out. That would be a great help

Thanks

If you want me take over, I can be the "responsible person" for trying to sort it all out - pm me your email address and I/we can start to look at where you've got to and what needs to be done. I'll let Sandra know to include me from now on if you'd like too.

I can't say I have any experience in the area either, but will be more than happy to help out where I can.

Martin

If you want me take over, I can be the "responsible person" for trying to sort it all out - pm me your email address and I/we can start to look at where you've got to and what needs to be done. I'll let Sandra know to include me from now on if you'd like too.

I can't say I have any experience in the area either, but will be more than happy to help out where I can.

Martin

Pm sent Martin. :) x

Reactions: MartayMcFly
If your taking the lead Marty I can try to be of assistance. My BroTek business has really taken off so very little time during the week to do anything else. Im only 25 mins away from Ingliston so let me know if you need anything.

Smillie13 is even closer @ Bathgate......just along the road so let us know whats happening. My S3 is still available for the stand if needed and I will be bringing alot of products along (Wax Tec and Garnet Car Care)

Reactions: Smillie13 and MartayMcFly
Just to let everyone know what is going on. I have been finding it hard to find the time to sort somethings out so MartayMcFly has taken the lead for getting the stand into the show.

But i will still be helping out with it.

Lead person:MartayMcFly

And helping out:

Davidf92
Sandra
Brodster (BroTek)
Smillie13
Adam - audi-sport.net

The stand will be sorted soon. Any question e-mail these people

Also new web site has gone up for the car show, have a look at it. The Scottish Car Show - Home Page - Sunday July 21st 2013 - Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra, MartayMcFly, Brodster and 1 other person
Okay, I've got the ball rolling with the ScottishCarShow crowd... now I need names! The stand will be a pay-as-you-show deal, and we/I will be looking for a max of probably 10 cars to put forward (more are welcome to come along, every one is welcome actually) but there will be a limit due to costs and unfortunately we will be asking each car on the stand to pay in advance to secure a spot.

If you have already been in touch with David about being on the stand, and are willing to pay your way for the privilege, PM me, or email me directly at martinjamieson'AT'ymail.com and we'll start the process or getting you registered. There might be some sort of selection process depending on demand for stand space, so get your names in asap (as well as full details of you and your car) so we can get the list together.

We are looking to incorporate BroTek as a sponsor too, but will have to get more info on exactly how that'll work out. Don't worry though, that is on top of the audi-sport stand arrangements.

This is going to be fun
Martin

Reactions: Smillie13
Sounds like a good crack.
i'll make the effort to come along, maybe even bring the Mrs. Lol.
Can't make the Creiff meet but should be cool for this one.

Be nice to put a face to the names.

Scott.

Sounds like a good crack.
i'll make the effort to come along, maybe even bring the Mrs. Lol.
Can't make the Creiff meet but should be cool for this one.

Be nice to put a face to the names.

Scott.

Be good to see you there Scott. :) x

Thanks Sandra.
hope you've recovered from your birthday shenaniggins. :beerchug: Lol.

It will also give me a bit more time to tart up the motor, new set of Bbs on the horizon, me thinks.
Take care. :rockwoot:

Reactions: Brodster and Sandra
Count me out folks just booked a holiday so wont be able to make it.

Okay, a little bit of clarification and a few points you should all be aware of:

1. This isn't just an audi-sport meet, it's a proper car show and will feature a lot of clubs from all corners of the car world. Anyone who is wanting to be on the stand will have to be there before the show starts at 9am, and probably won't be able to leave until around 4pm.

2. Tickets on the door are £18, 'early bird tickets' are £15, but club stand tickets are only £10 per car/driver and then £10 per passenger. However, unless everyone is firmly against the idea, I am planning on asking each car on the stand to pay the early bird £15 (plus the usual £10 per passenger) to contribute towards the BroTek booth/stand too. If Mark (Brodster) just comes along as a site member then they won't let him do anything promotional beyond having the company name on a banner, and I don't think it's seems unfair to ask you to pay the normal ticket price to help him out, doesn it?

3. All members wanting to be on the stand need to get their details to me as soon as they can - the prices all go up after 15/05/13
- I just need your name, car details (model and reg will do for now, but will probably ask for some details on mods etc soon), and the number of people coming in your car (just you, you and a passenger, you and the family etc).

4. Once we have the full attendee list (of people who are definitely going to make it, and are happy to pay to get on the stand), I'll set up a payment system and start to collect the money. Once everyone's paid up, all forms will go in and we're set!

5. Arrangements for the day will come later, once we have the car lists set and the "club pack" shows up.

Stand list ​in post #1

Last edited:
Im still in mate. As an incentive I will be bringing alot of products along so other stand bods will get some heavily discounted detailing stuff so dont go buying anything in the run up to the show. This seems fair in my eyes.

Reactions: Smillie13 and MartayMcFly
Can we possibly get an A1, R8, RS3, new shape A3 and an old Quattro on the stand so that all models are kind of represented. And yes I know there alot of models but I dont mean ALL.

Can we possibly get an A1, R8, RS3, new shape A3 and an old Quattro on the stand so that all models are kind of represented. And yes I know there alot of models but I dont mean ALL.

That would be ideal... any ideas who might have a Quattro available?