Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

Yup!
Even though I'm not on the stand, I'm looking forward to it.
Good job with the stand guys, nice to see it coming together finally.
Big shout out to Martin, Sandra and Mark for all the effort they've put in to make this a good show :applaus::yahoo:

hopefuly the weather will be better, still can't be any worse than at the moment,
shame I'm working early in't morning or would liked to have been on the stand,
still looking forward to putting faces to the names and I won't be able to miss the Audi Banners now.

Take it easy cats.
See you soon.

Reactions: Brodster
Ok, so the club stand is looking like this:

1. MartayMcFly (Martin) - B7 RS4 saloon
2. smillie13 (Susan) - B6 A4 Avant
3. weebeasTTie (Reg)- Mk1 TT Roadster 225
4. Brodster (Mark) - 8P3 S3 3-dr
5. ESD1711 (Erik) - B7 A4 Avant
6. jimmyf (Jimmy +1) - Mk1 TT quattrosport
7. dzTT (Dazz +1) - 8P3 A3 BE
8. A3simon (Simon) - 8P3 RS3
9. IainRS (Iain) - B7 RS4 Avant
10. Umm... (Norman) - Ur Quattro
11. Sandra's mystery contact (Nick) - R8 coupe
12. DavidF92 (David +1) - 8P3 A3 3dr

If anyone's needing a passenger ticket (kids under 16 are free) let me know asap as the stand cars will all be paid for together. If you end up taking an extra passenger, you can book the ticket online. Before April 15th will be £10, after that is £15 and tickets bought on the gate are £18.

So, for owners going to be on the stand it will be £15 for you and the car, plus £10 for each passenger. If you're all happy trusting me with your hard-earned cash then pay it as a gift to my paypal - importantbusinessman@hotmail.com (sorry, set it up when I was about 15) - or if you'd be happier doing it by direct bank transfer, PM me and I'll give you my account details. Can you please add a note including your forum name, so I can keep track of who has paid what.

Once all the money is in, I'll send it off to Sharon (Scottish Car Show admin) and we'll be ready to go.

Money should be with you now buddy :)

Sounds good to me Martin,

I'll get the money sent off tonight when I get home :o.k:

Susan and Erik's money is in and safe. The rest of you - are you taking anyone with you, or do you just need 1 ticket?

Reactions: Smillie13
Just a quick update on this thread. Just off the phone with Adam (admin) he will be in attendance at our meeting. :) x

Thats me paid know :).

it was a good idea of mine for getting a stand into the show :happy:

can not wait

Thats me paid know :).

it was a good idea of mine for getting a stand into the show :happy:

can not wait

Will be a good show, especially now that we getting full forum backing, tent, stand, flags and Adam in attendance, if we lucky we may even win the best stand award. :) x

Reactions: DavidF92 and Smillie13
Susan and Erik's money is in and safe. The rest of you - are you taking anyone with you, or do you just need 1 ticket?

Just one ticket for me Martay,should have paid you at Creiff will be offshore for three weeks.

Looks like we have another R8 available... a V10 spider with a capristo exhaust (soon to be development Milltek Super Cup system).

Susan can you get onto your pals at Ingliston and see if we can get a prime spot for the stand. Needs to be kinda large too seeing as the tent is massoove. Dont wanna be out on a limb now do we.....NO!!!

Sandra/Mark/Adam, does anyone know the actual footprint of the tent? I've seen it with a car coming out of each of the 6 arches... is there room for 2 per bay, or will we have to put a car at each anchor point too?

Susan can you get onto your pals at Ingliston and see if we can get a prime spot for the stand. Needs to be kinda large too seeing as the tent is massoove. Dont wanna be out on a limb now do we.....NO!!!

I emailed a cpl of boys yesterday and i'm waiting to hear back - the only other thing i suggest is to make the person Martin is dealing with aware of the size and prime position we are looking for

Sandra/Mark/Adam, does anyone know the actual footprint of the tent? I've seen it with a car coming out of each of the 6 arches... is there room for 2 per bay, or will we have to put a car at each anchor point too?

Martin, i will speak to adam and get the details you looking for. :) x

I emailed a cpl of boys yesterday and i'm waiting to hear back - the only other thing i suggest is to make the person Martin is dealing with aware of the size and prime position we are looking for

I've only been in contact with Sharon... if that helps.

I've had a look at alot of pictures of the tent and I reckon we will get 2 cars per bay if we park them right. Can we pitch up the day before Susan or is it early doors for set-up.

Hi,

I did asked the same question as it might be easier if we could, because I have been down there on the day at around 6am and its buzzing with cars trying to get in. I will try and find out.

Susan

Assuming this is the same tent, I think 2 per bay is doable.

P1020577.jpg

I think we might be able to get into the grounds the day before because the people that get their cars in to the top 50 cars inside can leave their cars there the day before. Giving them time to polish their cars. If I remember correctly from last year.

But if i were yours i would check that.

Dunno what to make of that to be honest.

In some ways, a massive indoor show is quite apealling.......

But, the SECC is about an extra 80 mile round trip for me, and if it turns out to fall on a scorching hot Sunday, being stuck indoors is the last place I wanna be.

For most years, the best part of this show has been the outside part.

Guys

Looks as if this is whats going to be happening because of the state of the ground in previous years due to bad weather. Inside has its plus points as well as bad. Once we have clarification we will update everybody and take it from there.
Susan

I can see this turning into rat ****e. All indoors so the cars will have to be in place days before and trying to get them out is gonna be a nightmare. Will see what info Marty can get his hands on and then see what happens.

Reactions: ESD1711
I'm on it... though info is a bit thin in the ground right now. I'll update you all when I hear what this move means in terms of setting up and timing etc.

I can see this turning into rat ****e. All indoors so the cars will have to be in place days before and trying to get them out is gonna be a nightmare. Will see what info Marty can get his hands on and then see what happens.

Will most likely be monday morning rush hour before we see the M8 lol - certainly wont be fun at the end of the day.

Interactive Maps | SECC

I,ve been thinking about this and I think it may be easier to get the cars into the show if its being housed over 5 halls.

I agree it will be a nightmare getting back out, but so is Ingliston, I have been part of the traffic management team at events down there when cars are exiting.

Ahh indoors...no bbq then? :notme:should be alright if the weather is crap but might be a bit of a ****** getting to the correct hall when you get there though