Proposed spring meet 2013

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, how about an adventure meet for the spring?
Days Out at Go Ape | Outdoor Activities
There are two sites in Scotland, one in Peebles and one in Aberfoyle. If we go for this we may be able to get a discount. I discussed this with Adam (admin) and he spoke to the marketing department and they would be more than happy for us to have a meet in there carpark as well. Thoughts???

Sandra. :) x

There's also one up here, just outside Aberdeen... Just in case. I think that it would be good fun though! :)

How about something like karting - car people and all that?

Sorry dont do those outdoor activity things - dangling from ropes at 40-50 foot up isn't my thing!

Sounds like a good old laugh, I'd be up for it :thumbsup:

I suppose that either would work for me! That said, the karting sounds more up our street being a car forum... ;)

So you guys want me to look into karting? :) x

You sound excited about that Sandra! Haha. Yeah, why not? Would mean that we can have a few options, even if we don't end up going for it in the end. :) Where were you thinking?

Dan, i will need to look, it would be good if its pretty central, yes karting is good fun, enjoyable, oh and im good at it as well :) x

Oh great, so I'm going to be shown up at driving by a woman... Perfect. ;) Haha.

Oh great, so I'm going to be shown up at driving by a woman... Perfect. ;) Haha.

Lol, i will look forward to running you off the track Dan. I will have a look for a venue later on. :) x

Xtreme in Edinburgh or Falkirk, Raceland in Edinburgh and Knockhill are the big, central karting places. I like the idea of Go Ape, but it'd be better left until some warmth comes back next year.

Karting is ace especially when you've got so many competitive petrol-heads in the one place. Livingston have a good one but we will leave the location up to you Sandra. Crack On cuz........hehehehe!!

Had a stag do at scotcart in Clydebank it was just under £50 for the grand prix and that got you a warm up lap and 3 to 4 races @ 6 laps I think. What I did find was the carts would shift *** if your skinny and struggle to shift if your not.

Yup its always the skinny wee runts that win! Maybe we need to even the odds by getting in the faster karts :)

Yup its always the skinny wee runts that win! Maybe we need to even the odds by getting in the faster karts :)

Maybe you guys just needto slim down a little, lmao. Ok so would we like to do karting before xmas? How about beginning of december?? Whats a good day for everyone? Saturday or Sunday???? X

just want to say i have been to the go-ape at crathes and i didnt think height bothered me until i went :eek: holy poop ding i had a few twitchy moments! was good fun but wouldnt go again purely because i was still shaking 2 hours later..........

still a good laugh though!

Reactions: Daggerit
just want to say i have been to the go-ape at crathes and i didnt think height bothered me until i went :eek: holy poop ding i had a few twitchy moments! was good fun but wouldnt go again purely because i was still shaking 2 hours later..........

still a good laugh though!

Yup I went to one a month or so ago and have to agree exactly with what you are saying. I'd have to think long and hard about doing anything like that again soon!

I'd be up for a bit of go karting, been outdoor karting a few times at raceland and loved it!

Like the idea of the racing buggies or the quads.

I will look into getting something set up. Should be a fun day out. I will look into venues and dates. :) x