RNS-E, adding current position?

Andy H

Reaction score
As a long time TomTom user and getting used to the built in RNS-E system, I would like to be able to add an entry into the system for where I currently am. So if I get taken to a place by someone and wnat to remember it or if I have struggled to find a place based on post code etc, can I just add my current position as a point to remember? Been through the manual and haven't found this feature yet but it may just be me having a quick look.

Thanks,
Andy

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to save the route. If I enter a postcode or address to a location I know then I can save that destination so I can navigate back there again at any time i.e. home I now have saved. Can I not save my current position in the same way? Or even fool it by mapping to current position and then saving that route?

I quite often find that a postcode might be a long way out and therefore want to save the real position for better guidence at a later date or just have places that I have struggled to find and want to avoid that in the future.

There is an option to save your current location. I have done this for my office as it shows as being off road. I cannot remember how to do it off the top of my head but when I pop out to the car later I will take some notes and post up here.

I have found it now. I went out for a drive around the village, must of looked a bit mad as I kept stopping and driving around and around!

Go to map and highlight the options on the right. One of these is a chequered flag, select this. From here you can add current location to the directory and bingo you have saved the current position to be recalled later.