Badger5EM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

RNS-E, adding current position?

As a long time TomTom user and getting used to the built in RNS-E system, I would like to be able to add an entry into the system for where I currently am. So if I get taken to a place by someone and wnat to remember it or if I have struggled to find a place based on post code etc, can I just add my current position as a point to remember? Been through the manual and haven't found this feature yet but it may just be me having a quick look.

Thanks,
    Andy
    '08 A4 Avant 2.0T S-Line Special Edition in Mauritius Blue

2. # ADS
    ADS

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Nope, this would be classed as a POI and you can't edit or create POI's on the RNS-E unit unfortunately.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    I was thinking more along the lines of being able to save the route. If I enter a postcode or address to a location I know then I can save that destination so I can navigate back there again at any time i.e. home I now have saved. Can I not save my current position in the same way? Or even fool it by mapping to current position and then saving that route?

I quite often find that a postcode might be a long way out and therefore want to save the real position for better guidence at a later date or just have places that I have struggled to find and want to avoid that in the future.

1st Gear

Status
    There is an option to save your current location. I have done this for my office as it shows as being off road. I cannot remember how to do it off the top of my head but when I pop out to the car later I will take some notes and post up here.
    A3 1.8TFSI Saloon S-Tronic S-Line Quattro 8V - Jan2014 (63)
    Glacier White with 19" 5 Arm Wing Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Black Fine Nappa Leather with White Stitching, Heated Seats, Storage Pack, Folding Mirrors, SD Nav, Aluminium Pedals + More!

Previous: A3 (8P) 1.8TFSI Cabriolet S-Tronic Black Edition - Ibis White with Black Roof, Revo Stage One Plus with SDS, RNSE MKII with AMI, Cruse Control + More!

Neutral

Status
    I have found it now. I went out for a drive around the village, must of looked a bit mad as I kept stopping and driving around and around!

Go to map and highlight the options on the right. One of these is a chequered flag, select this. From here you can add current location to the directory and bingo you have saved the current position to be recalled later.