RNS-E, Iphone contacts??

029kid

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I successfully connect my Iphone 3G 8GB to the RNS but I only see my contacts in the FIS and not on the “telephone” menu on the RNS.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Should I be seeing them there as well ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anyone know why I do not see them? Do I need to vagcom something ?[/FONT]

Fiscon ?
I have the original audi bt system, I only see contacts in fis and can call threw fis with my steering wheel

Fiscon is an aftermarket kit than emulates the Audi BT kit (quite well in my experience). I went with the fiscon kit in mine as I've heard that iphone support with the Audi kits is patchy at best. Do you know what revision your BT kit is ?

no i dont know that, is there any way I can find out ?

If you have access to vagcom you can scan the controller and it will give you the information. Otherwise it's a case of stripping out the car to get to the where the bluetooth module is installed and look at the part number on the metal box. If it's a factory fit module it's under the drivers seat (under the carpet)

As far as I'm aware you can't flash upgrade the software on the BT module. So the only way to get "better" phone support is by replacing the module it's self. However it may just be a setting you have to configure on the phone or the rns-e to pull over the phonebook. I'll have a look at my rns-e manual tonight.

I recently retro fitted the RNS-E to my A4 which had the audi bluetooth phone prep from new (2006 MY). I use a 3G Iphone running 3.1.2 firmware.
After the install, and before sorting the VAGcom coding, the RNS-E would not sync any of my contacts on the TEL function. My phone was correctly syncing with the audi bluetooth and showing my contacts on the DIS. Another thing that was missing from the RNS-E was the little bluetooth icon on the display to tell me that my phone was connected. I was however still able to answer and end calls through the RNS-E controls.
After Vagcom coding the RNS-E to tell it that the Audi Phone Prep was present in the car, the RNS-E now syncs all contacts and call history with my Iphone and everything is now correctly displayed on the TEL screen and the Bluetooth icon is now present.
I would recommend correcting your coding through Vagcom and then see if it works.

Great thanks!! :)
Do you remember where you found the code or where in vagcom ?

open vagcom and go to telephone ( 77 ) i think once opened the code will be there adjust accordingly with the drop down hints

How do I change the BT module to display the 1st name & then the last....at the moment it's showing the last name first...and before you say change on the phone thats done already...anyone know something