Bluetooth Connection/Disconnection Chime Too Loud!

comc

VW-7 Audi-2
Reaction score
My car has the audi bluetooth phone prep and bose, and was originally fitted with a symphony II headunit.
I have recently retrofitted a RNS-E headunit and will hopefully be able to get the VAGCOM codings sorted at the weekend. I have found that since altering to the RNS-E, the phone bluetooth connection chime, and also the disconnection chime, are uncomfortably loud. I have been told that they are clearly heard outside the car even with the doors closed!
My question is, do any of you guys know how i might alter the volume of this chime(possibly through vagcom??), or will it correct itself once the vagcom codings on the RNS-E and bluetooth module are altered??

Thanks in advance.

Do a search for Bluetooth Bong for the fix.

Thanks for the information NHN.
I do not have a multi function steering wheel fitted, and note that the instruction states that you should
"Activate the voice operation using the PTT button on the steering wheel and giving the help command, whilst the instructions are repeated lower the volume on the dialogue system".
Is there a solution available to me?

That wont on mine & Stu's tests ages ago fix the issue permanently on the 8P, it just seemed to turn it down until the next connection to the BT & the volume returned to a loud bong if using the volume knob only on radio without PTT fix.

Thanks for the link Chris......the fix appears to use the voice operation triggered by the button on a multi-function wheel, which unfortunately I don't have....boo hoo.
I wonder if anyone with the Audi phone prep, rns-e, and a functionless wheel have been able to overcome this??

NHN, tried the volume knob on rns-e and as you state it only solved the issue temporarily. Excuse my ignorance but what does PTT stand for?

Push To Touch mate, I've got to go see audi soon maybe mon/tues & I'm gonna ask my mate master tech if he has any ideas how to do without PTT, no promises but if get answer will post for you.

Very much appreciated NHN.............i will keep the earmuffs on till then.