SD Card in RNS-E, how to work it... Help!?

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
I have found the slot and tried putting music on an SD 2GB card. Created a Folder called "MUSIC" and put it all in there. Not finding it when selecting on the RNS-E. Am I doing something wrong here. Any ideas?

Well 1st are the files MP3 for a start, 2nd you dont need to create a folder called music, just dump the files on the card but can use a tree structure for artists & albums, 3rd assuming you have just music files on the card, 4th you have to select CD button at bottom of rns-e, then select Source MP3, then the Drive for the SD slot 1st, then you can see the tunes on the sd card.

Well 1st are the files MP3 for a start, 2nd you dont need to create a folder called music, just dump the files on the card but can use a tree structure for artists & albums, 3rd assuming you have just music files on the card, 4th you have to select CD button at bottom of rns-e, then select Source MP3, then the Drive for the SD slot 1st, then you can see the tunes on the sd card.

Cheers for the reply. I just dragged from itunes, not sure what format they are? I have another folder called Go-Pro as its the 2GB card from my Go-Pro TrackCamera, so i used a new folder called MUSIC as I remember I had to do this in my old PSP Playstaion.

Yep I was going to the CD button and going to SD. :icon_thumright:

Just checked, files say MPEG 4.

Last edited:
Well there's your issues then, needs to be MP3 for a start & the clash of other files maybe an issue to, convert them to mp3 & test with other stuff on card still, if still doesnt work then remove everything but the mp3's.

Well there's your issues then, needs to be MP3 for a start & the clash of other files maybe an issue to, convert them to mp3 & test with other stuff on card still, if still doesnt work then remove everything but the mp3's.

Yep, just trying to change itunes from MPEG 4 to MP3 but no luck yet. Just converting to MP3 Now.

Last edited:

I added all my songs yesterday but theres not structure at all. I tried again by adding albums in separate folders and that works, only that you have to scroll down to the last track of each album to get to the next one. Is there any better ways?

Go to a website called oddgravity & download a bit of free software called Playlist creator. It would also be handy to get hold of a tag editor as the Rnse does not like recorded music with tag 2 enabled only tag 1, you can only have a max file size of 512 files which includes the folders that have the MP3 tracks.

I bought a 4gb SD (non-sdhc apparently) but when inserting the card into the RNSE I just get a permanent (tried for 15 mins or so) message of 'Card Loading', does this signal incompatibility or is it just taking time to index the card or something?

My 2gb SD cards work fine so it isnt a problem with the unit itself. The content on the 4gb was copied direct from the 2gb cards so the data shouldnt be an issue...

Have I answered my own question? or do i just need to be more patient? :S

I added all my songs yesterday but theres not structure at all. I tried again by adding albums in separate folders and that works, only that you have to scroll down to the last track of each album to get to the next one. Is there any better ways?
To get to the album list you need to press 'RETURN' which will back you up and out of your current album. Then you just rotate the knob to the next album you want and push to enter it. You need to select a song within the new album and push to select the song, then the track being played will change to this new one.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:.