navi plus problems

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Fitted satnav (navi plus) to a friend b7 a4 tdi 2007 cabriolet, now volume buttons on multifunction steering wheel work ok but other 2 buttons dont and also when ignition is on bluetooth is linked to phone in center display on dash but not on headunit any ideas?

It was purchased 2nd hand fully working,it was a straight plug and play so ive not messed cut any wires or modified in anyway

The Push to Talk Button (next to the volume button) on the steering wheel will only work if you have SDS feature within the RNS-E.

The Mode button (next to the channel up and down) will only work if you have coded your car correctly, This button is used to scroll between the radio, Nav and Tel functions.

If you have access to VAG-COM then the coding will only take you a few minutes.

The SDS can be enabled with a hack, known as Firmware 650, but before you do this, could you tell us what variant model you have? to find this, it will be ont he part number sticker on the RNS-E

You mean with firmware 660 for the SDS hack and it works with any RNS-E.

The PTT button is disabled on the cab even with factory phone prep, VCDS will enable it easily enough.

Everything is down to coding it seems to me, but thanks for texting me at 9:30 on a saturday night. I'm pleased you made use of the 24x7 support line.