RNS-e retrofit issues.

JeffY

Reaction score
Hi I have just had RNS-e retrofitted and I'm having a few issues, firstly the DIS controls no longer work, I can't see the trip info anymore just the NAV DIS display. Another issue I'm having is that the audio on my Bose setup is very bass heavy, I'm having to make big bass, treble corrections and it still doesn't sound right. Should the screen say Bose when I switch it on?

Also I'm I right in saying that it should come with 2 SAT NAV DVD's?, because I only have the one.

Thanks

Jeff

What car is it? A3/A4/TT?

What year is it?

Have you wired/rewired for BOSE?

Have you coded the unit for BOSE?

No it doesn't say BOSE when powering up.

Most Ebay units only come with the 1 DVD for western europe, not a problem unless your a regular driver to Latvia.

Thanks.

It's a 2006 A3, I've called the company who put it in, hopefully they will be able to solve the problems.

The DIS is likely to be working but to see it, you have to press the little button twice on the underside of the wiper stalk (I think it says MENU). You then switch to the normal DIS fuel economy display. Press it once again and DIS shows the navigation info.

Bose I think has to be coded to work with the RNS-E but the whole unit should still basically operate without coding and that includes DIS (this doesn't apply to the A4 and A6). I don't have Bose but have found the RNS-E to be bass-rich anyway! The sound quality is better than the Symphony II in my view.

As for discs, you should have two for 2005 and later versions but to be honest unless you drive to Eastern Europe, disc 1 will suffice. This week I bought a genuine 2008 DVD 1 from eBay and that's all I need.

2005 1 disk
2006 1 disk
2007 onwards 2 disks

As for discs, you should have two for 2005 and later versions but to be honest unless you drive to Eastern Europe, disc 1 will suffice. This week I bought a genuine 2008 DVD 1 from eBay and that's all I need