AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits

Thread: Caddy Sat nav

1st Gear

Status

Caddy Sat nav

hi i was going to get rnse for the a3 but have just bought a 07 caddy for work and need a sat nav and bluetooth does anyone know the model number and bluetooth mod thats required any help appreciated Ian

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    check HazzyDayz (www.vwcruise.com), I think they charge about 800 for the Satnav upgrade (including labour, 1-DIN to 2-DIN conversion, etc) and about 300 or so extra for an OEM bluetooth module.... prices on the website, seems semi-negotiable if you're getting more bits done at the same time that invovle taking the same panels out... when I was there getting my DIS sorted out he had a cabby there that was getting RNS-E, Freeview tuner, reversing camera, the works!!!

or search for previous threads on this: there are a LOT of them already out there.... just search "RNS-E" as that is the name for the DVD based satnav....

theres also S8craig from this forum (TCLsatnav)... might be more convenient!

edit: doh! sorry Craig!! (I'd rushed and typed "S8dave" originally!)
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 7th August 2009 at 07:50.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    Who the fecks S8Dave?

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply ill go look at the web sites for hazzydays and s8dave ,sorry had to do it craig cheers Ian
    A3 2.0T S Line Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    craig do u do rns for the caddy i believe its a 510 not sure spose you would know ideas on cost it is dbl din 07 caddy cheers Ian
    A3 2.0T S Line Quattro

BahnStormer

Status
    soz craig - corrected above! not sure why I got yr name wrong... at least you got the plug

heli - apols - was in a flying rush (like usual): I even read that as "Cabby" i.e. A4 cabriolet, not caddy.... just be careful with the difs between models: Audi units are too wide for some of the earlier VW stuff and the wrong shape for some of the newer stuff: I've not seen the inside of a Cabby past about '04 and even then, it was rental to take stuff 1 mile to the tip, so I wasn't looking at it for stereo upgrades, so no idea really... but you're in good hands with "me mate Dave"
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.