I am located in the US and recently purchased a 2015 A3 8V with the non-nav MMI unit. I am looking to upgrade to add navigation.
The unit I am considering purchasing the main unit, navigation control unit with touch pad, high resolution display and GPS antenna.
1) First and most important - do I need to physically upgrade the main unit in order to activate nav? Someone has mentioned that I do not need to purchase a new main unit.
If I do need to upgrade the main unit:
1) Does anyone have any experience upgrading the A3 8V? Can you please help with the steps and installation process?
2) Do I need to visit the dealer to re-program?
3) Do I need any additional parts?
4) Can Audi Connect be used?
Since I already have the MMI unit, can I add a backup camera to the system such that it is visible on the LCD?
Please help!! It is much appreciated!
Please excuse my newness to the forum!