57 plate A6 avant sat nav update discs.

jaffajim0

Reaction score
I still have the original '08 disc in my system but need to update as I regularly drive in Europe and am finding it annoying. I have found an Audi (Huntingdon) dealer selling a brand new sealed 2014 disc for £200 and want to know why I should pay that rather than taking the cheap option of buying a copy. I would love peoples views on the pro's and con's of both and personal experiences would be great to hear about (good or bad). Am I right in thinking that I have the 2G MMI system in my 57 plate car? Any info on better prices for genuine discs or where you got your copy that worked fine would be appreciated.
Cheers.

I have no issues with copied disc but I would never pay for copies, cannot believe they charge £74 for Copied nav disc, and firmware update cd you can buy for Audi for £5.......

OP sorry to jump on your thread, i was about to ask the same about updates.

damfly27, I bought the discs and have had no problems in England with them. They are up to date as far as I can tell due to using roads I know to have been built in the last couple of years but I have not been abroad yet so can't vouch for that. The only thing I must say against the seller is that he implies they will be with you very quickly on his website but in reality they took about 3 weeks to arrive. I wouldn't have a problem had I known from the start they would take so long but if you're planning a trip with them don't leave yourself short on time.
jaffajim0

ASN does not condone the purchase or active promotion of illegally copied software or updates on the site, but can understand the frustration that owners will likely feel given the high prices charged by dealers for map updates which don't change much year on year.

Over the years there have have been posts outlining how copied discs can degenerate more quickly over time than the originals, and the other risk is you don't really know what you may be funding (in addition to it being an active breach of copyright as per DVD's etc.)

Please think carefully before making your purchases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Jaffajim0, in the same position as you at the moment, I recently took delivery of an 2007 S3 and it came with the 2007 maps. I have been looking around for a used original copy on eBay and they can still command some considerable money, so I figure if you did splash out your hard earned notes at the dealers and keep the receipt, you might still be be able to sell it on at a later date, mitigating your initial loss.

The only thing about getting a copy from eBay is that you never know even if they say genuine, it is genuine and 'copies' I've read can be unrealiable or not as fast as an original.

Hi cyhliu. I know exactly what you mean and I don't want to tell people that the discs are 100% but my one works as well as an original up to now and I know another user has a similar experience. I would also point out that I have not been to mainland Europe yet so can't comment on that.

Ha ha ha, sorry totally missed that the original posting was in March! New to the forum so all posts are new to me!

Thanks the update though, appreciated.