Copy 2013 Sat Nav Not Working?

robval55

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just boaught a 2013 Audi TT which was supplied with Sat Nav. I have made a copy of the discs, as I wish to store the originals in my home for security. Unfortunately the copy does not work. I have checked the format which appears to be identical to the original, but the sat nav does not recognise the copy discs. Can anyone help or advise?

The RNSE needs to have the DVD written for DVD-ROM I believe.

Stick with the genuine disc, no issues then.

It's more likely your DVD Burner, only certain makes appear to work correctly. I use a pioneer drive with alcohol 120% get a perfect backup every time.

I would advise not using copies at all: you're going to end up with a fair bit of cost and hassle just to line yourself up with more cost and hassle shortly down the line...

Only certain models of Pioneer DVDRW drive will work, with certain DVD-R discs... I've done it before, but the drive takes noticeably longer to spin up and read the disk, with a lot more noise and searching than on the originals: so even if you get it right, you're going to put a lot more strain on your DVD drive in the satnav unit and it'll cost you several hundred to replace that, assuming you can do all the work yourself... better just to use the originals, especially given the incredibly slim chance that they will get stolen. Just leave the E-Europe disc in the box at home or in your boot so it's less likely to get swiped out of the glovebox...