Nav?? RNS-E

Zaac

Reaction score
I've just brought an A4 it's got the Audi navigation plus unit in it. but no sd card or cd for the nav? where can i get or make one up to put in?

Also when i put a micro sd into a sd adapter and then put it in, it just says loading ages and doesn't load it. tried a few different ones and even a brand new adapter it's literally just the radio that works. Because i listen to CD's alot i'd prefer the SD card for the nav if thats possible?

Depending on what model you have some will only take a non hc card and only in a 2gb when I got mine

Zaac - we can help, but we need a few more clues - Audi have been building cars with SatNav units and CD/DVD drives for the last 15 years with more that many iterations - probably about 10 different and variants for the A4 alone.

It is most likely that you have a RNS-E Navigation Plus unit.

All RNS-E's except for the very last (around 2007/2008 onwards) versions of these would only take SD cards, SDHC definitely not compatible. Rule of thumb, 2Gb SD card maximum, but some 4Gb cards also work: see thread.

DVD's can be bought from Audi, but they're about £200!! I wouldn't even consider copying, even if you found a decent image from a reliable source AND had the right type of blank media AND had the correct model of Pioneer DVDRW drive, the DVDR discs don't work as well and have been known to cause the DVD drives to wear out very quickly.