Screen keeps going off on sat nav/ radio system

Jakes3

Reaction score
I've got a rnse sat nav/ audio unit that's got a fault ....the screen keeps going black but the radio still works fine ....can anyone recommend anyone to fix this for me ?
Thanks

Have the same problem Jakes3........It's most likely the ribbon that's at fault which will either be loose or slightly damaged at the end....you can either cut the damaged ends off and reconnect or try some flexible silver circuit board paint from Maplins for around £10

I've got a rnse sat nav/ audio unit that's got a fault ....the screen keeps going black but the radio still works fine ....can anyone recommend anyone to fix this for me ?
Thanks

Has this unit had its DVD drive replaced ? If it has the screen ribbon may have moved, I have replaced the drives in a few of these and it's easy to check the ribbon.

Anthony566 - Can you explain how to gain access to the ribbon? Any user guides available for the DIY enthusiast?

Thanks

Jakes3 - have just fixed my own unit with this problem, happy to fix yours or talk you through it if needed

Anthony566 - Can you explain how to gain access to the ribbon? Any user guides available for the DIY enthusiast?

Hi sorry I didn't reply I completely forgot ... pm me an email address and ill send you a document I have with instructions and photos.