IVE GOT SAT NAV………….I CAN LOOK BUT CANT TOUCH!! HOW DOES IT WORK?

OllieAudi

Reaction score
Hello All,

Plunged for my first Audi! Love it…… well almost!

Ive just bought a 2011 Audi A4 (B8) S-line 2.0 tdi and it has the 3g MMI without the little joystick.

The trouble I'm having is it has NAV and the guy i bought the car from was a 'private dealer' who said the car had no NAV disc with it but got a mate to do one and will send in post.

The disc arrived, clearly a copy, file size is 8.52gb but when i place it in the disc drive - it still says 'please insert navigation data medium' after reading an sd card can work, i bought a 16gb sd card, transferred the files, but still the same msg!

I msg'd the guy i got the car from who isn't interested in replying to me so looks like I'm on my own.

Anyone know the cheapest way i can get my sat nav to work instead of using my phone lol?

Thank you all!!

I hate how 'private dealers' think they can just sod you off after they've sold you a car. It's not a packet of Harribo.
I think you should pretend like your interested in a car by acting as someone else and when he replies meet him and tell him to sort it, but eBay does have disks too if you needed a genuine one

if theres anything ever missing from a car i buy
i keep the money value of the part etc and say ill give it them when i have the part from them
most of the time they just knock the price off the car as they have no intention of geting it.

3G needs dealer activation half way through the map install. Not all of them came with Nav as it was an option on 3G near the start of the 3G run.