A4 B7 sat nav issue

OllyT

Reaction score
Hey guys,
new member and just looking for a bit of advice.
This is also posted in the A4 B7 section.

recently my sat nav has stopped working.
I put the cd in and it says that it will " not recognise the cd" or "cd improperly inserted"
if I put an audio cd in the drive then it works fine, only seems to play up with the sat nav CD.
I have tried it with both satnav CD's and the same thing happens every time.
I don't know what causes the issue so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OllyT

Welcome to the site.

You say CD's, do you mean dvd, do you have the rns-e head unit fitted?

Yeah in pretty sure its the rnse unit. From what i can tell from the pictures in the site.
It will play audio cd's but will not recognise the sat nav dvd's

Usually I clean the laser head & see if that fixes, otherwise its a new laser/drive, but tbh if it is the drive/laser, with the cost of me repairing, clients have opted just to upgrade to the newer version on a part ex of existing faulty unit.

Usually I clean the laser head & see if that fixes, otherwise its a new laser/drive, but tbh if it is the drive/laser, with the cost of me repairing, clients have opted just to upgrade to the newer version on a part ex of existing faulty unit.

Hi I've got a similar issue ! Tried inserting CD, get a message saying something like can't read the disk, also the disk wouldn't come out and twice the whole unit froze nothing would work. The unit is now only used as a radio.

Have you come across this behaviour before ? I'm well gutted paid £400 few months later and all this !!!

Appreciate your opinion

Thanks James

As advised, laser may need cleaning, laser maybe faulty or the drive itself, you need to pop the lid of & clean it directly, if no good, then consider a new drive or upgrade to the newer unit.