A3 RNS in an 8J TT

Lyons

A6 Allroad / 435D
Reaction score
Not sure if there are many TT owners on here, but I thought this might be of interest for any that are.

Basically I'd always been curious as to whether the stereo from an 8P A3 would fit a TT as they are a similar shape. The main reason being that TT units are double the price of A3 units, as the latter are more readily available. I'd searched online previously and could find no cases of an A3 RNS being fitted in a TT, so after getting my hands on an A3 Concert to trial fit we were good to go.

I then set about sourcing an RNS, which I bought from on here and got fitted this morning.

I'm over the moon with the outcome. I just need to fabricate a little strip for below the unit to house the airbag light.

Whereas I commend you for the ingenuity, but sorry I don't see why you would compromise the look of the tt console just to save some money, regardless what the price would be.

If I was to fit an rns-e in the tt, I would fit the correct unit, anything less is for me pointless, as time = money & time to fabricate the remaining unit takes time & will never look the same as the original unit.

Fair enough. I'd rather save £300 personally.

I also wouldn't have paid £700 for a TT version as I don't think the RNS-E is worth that.