Upgrade to Mk 2 RNS-E

cobraBLACK

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!
Reaction score
Hi there.

After troubles with my mk 1 (detailed here) I decided not to waste any more money repairing it or risk wasting any more money buying one off eBay so got Nigel (AKA NHN) to splice me up a mk 2.

The plan was to take the fascia from my mk 1 and place it over the screen and internals of an A3 mk 2 unit. That means I don't get the Media button but at least I don't have to put up with glittery knobs and the shiny screen surround.

He did a great job (as well as fixing my coin tray!) so now I have a theoretical 64 GB of music to hand as well as a hi-res screen and, bonus, whilst looking for a song/album, the software waits at least 10 seconds before returning to the current folder if you don't make a choice - the 3 seconds the mk 1 waits is way too fast when you're also trying to drive. The SD cards also load a lot quicker.

Thanks, Nigel.

Reactions: NHN
Thanks Ross, appreciate the feedback.

My only annoyance is I forgot to damn well switch the media button over with cd, what an idiot, apologies & I will drop back down when local & do that no problem, it has to be correct regardless of the cost to me.

It went fairly hiccup free, few little things needed sorting in wiring & removal of a 5p from coin tray stuck, lol, but all good.

Glad you're happy mate :)