Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

RNS-E 2013 Maps issues

Hello all

My father have an AUDI A3 and a week a go one friend of us give us the RNS-E 2013 maps and works perfect for two days
    but for some curious reason after two days freezes and when we eject the dvd from the RNS-E when we Start the car engine always says please insert the maps dvd and doesnt work the cruise control

in firmware version says the following

X---
    H75
    i dont know why is says that maybe needs a firmware please me to fix it thank you

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I suppose the question is did it work fine with the previous DVD ? I take it the 2013 provided was a 'backup' copy? How old is the rns-e? The lasers can be fussy with non-original discs.

Not sure what the link is to cruise control though.
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello my friend thank you for your interesting about my problem<br>the DVD IS EXACT backup in single speed 1x to dual layer dvd + verbatim<br>also my thinking is if i need newer version for hardware firmware my current is h73 and its always show X--- i dont think is a problem this but when i take out the dvd always says Please insert the maps dvd in the rns-e and also in the front panel behind the weel control<br>so can you help me what firmware need to fix it if it needs ?<br><br>also my skype is antonismortos if you have skype add me&nbsp;<br>thank you for your time waiting about your news<br><br>

2nd Gear

Status
    The RNS-E will ask for the disc if it thinks its not inserted. You really need to test with an original disc though to prove whether the hardware is at fault. I think the 'X' refers to a hacked firmware for Speech Control functions. Like, you I don't think this is an issue. Please verify age of car / rns-e - is the rns-e factory fitted or retrofit?
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Reverse Gear

Status
    We add the RNS-E After we buy the Audi a3 so can you tell me on last thing ? if there is no CD inside the Cruise Control is will be disabled? or it doesnt matter?