Help radio wont store stations

rossco1

Reaction score
Have s4 2005 problem is radio on (rns-e) won't store any stations just the station you tune into hope someone can shed light on this would be very grateful as its doing my head in ?

What do you mean by store, you mean it won't populate the stations list or you cannot store them into the memory locations?

S4 what? saloon, avant, cabrio?

It's s4 advant you can't store any stations you can put them into memory but when you try to scroll onto a station it won't tune into that station it goes back to the one you were listening to all the statins you store are dark only the one you are tuned into appears white if you no what I mean??? Plus some of the stored stations don't make sense I.e gne jar etc no radio stations named this hope you can help shed some light cheers

So you don't have any stations in orange?, just dark and the white one your listening to? these are not stored stations though, these are just the ones it can tune to, dark suggests it can no longer tune to that station which is why you cannot select it. Available stations should be orange, So to me it sounds like an antenna fault, but could be the nav unit radio board.

Just tried to store stations again it will let me store stations but they all come up on screen in a dull white when I scroll onto one it won't tune into that station and goes back to the station I was origanally on if that makes sense ? If I go into memory there are stations listed on it but are all in a dull white not orange hope aim making sense not that clued up hope this is a bit clearer!!!!

Forget the memory for a minute, what about the main radio screen?

That should have orange stations listed that are selectable and white being the current radio station and any dull listings should not be selectable.

Thanks a lot mate been very helpful anything obvious to check or take it to audi to check over ???

It's an Avant so I would check your rear wash is working OK and if it isn't that you don't have water ingress in the rear left side of the car. From memory the main booster is on the left just below the rear left window.

Can't see any trace of water in car as you said silly question but can you check booster or is that something audi would have to check?

If you have access to VCDS then the radio can be checked for antenna faults or Audi can check. If the radio detects an issue with the system it will report it. But sometimes the fault lies beyond the booster and that will not be detectable.

Ok Craig thanks a lot looks like a trip to audi maybe need to buy cable to access vcds what's best one to buy ?

Ok Craig thanks very much for your help and time will take it to be checked

Just thought I would update you took car to get vcds and was told that there's some sort of virus in radio so they can't do anything with it all come back ok but for this they said you can send unit away to get sorted but I think I will just live with it