Audi A4 RNS e help

vishmk1

Reaction score
Brought my mrs a genuine nav unit for her 2006 audi a4 I installed it fine but when I take the key out the ignition the unit doesn't turn off I have to turn it off manually.

The old unit turned off when I took the key out.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

It needs coding to the car in the 1st instance, as well as any wiring checked.

Brought my mrs a genuine nav unit for her 2006 audi a4 I installed it fine but when I take the key out the ignition the unit doesn't turn off I have to turn it off manually.

The old unit turned off when I took the key out.

Any ideas

Thanks in advance

I put RNS-e in my A4 b5 2001 and has got the same problem !
did you have your backlight on the buttons ?
if no your car hasn't got CAN signal so you need to buy adaptor for it! I just order my one and can show picture when i put it on the car!
Aswell my navi is switch off every 30 min!!!!
i hope to help you this one

The first A4 B6/B7 does have can bus, it's a 2006 car, it's simply coding. Probably a hybrid A4/A3 combination that needs to be coded correctly for A4 to work.

The B5 A4 again does have can bus on the 2001 model, but you should get it from the back of the cluster if it is not available on the wiring loom for the radio. Depends which radio you had fitted already. You don't need a canbus adaptor if you install it correctly.

If it was built slightly earlier than 2001 then you may not have canbus available from the cluster and then you will need an adaptor to generate can messages.

Could anyone help me got a Navigation Plus into my audi please?!