Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280

    iPhone Bluetooth with rnse on S3

    Hi all,

    picked up my 2009 S3 yesterday but for the life in me I can't get my iphone 4 to connect to the rnse. I beleive the S3 has bluetooth capabilities as standard.

    when I search for devices on my phone it just keeps searching.

    Not sure if its an iPhone fault or what but all help is appreciated... Thanks.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Do a search within the 1st few minutes of ignition on, see if it finds audi uhv device, if so then its got bt.

    if it doesnt, then feel free to pm me as I can supply/fit the factory bt system.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  4. #3
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Do a search within the 1st few minutes of ignition on, see if it finds audi uhv device, if so then its got bt.

    if it doesnt, then feel free to pm me as I can supply/fit the factory bt system.
    i tried that, I have read that the iPhone 4S can be very funny with Bluetooth. Is there a way to check if the car has BT as I'm sure S3s come with it as standard.

  5. #4
    thebluefox's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    152
    S3's don't come with it as standard, I bought my 2010 BE in September and had the BT retrofitted by the dealer.

  6. #5
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluefox View Post
    S3's don't come with it as standard, I bought my 2010 BE in September and had the BT retrofitted by the dealer.


    says here telephone prep, bluetooth interface or am I missing something.

  7. #6
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_jones2002 View Post
    i tried that, I have read that the iPhone 4S can be very funny with Bluetooth. Is there a way to check if the car has BT as I'm sure S3s come with it as standard.
    Only way to check 100% is to logon with vcds & check for the module or visually check under the passengers seat, but I dont think its fitted as never had problem with a 4 or 4S finding the audi BT.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  8. #7
    thebluefox's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    152
    Is that spec list the up to date one though? I think a few of the extras became standard around 2011/2012.

  9. #8
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluefox View Post
    Is that spec list the up to date one though? I think a few of the extras became standard around 2011/2012.
    yeah, that may be it... Lol was a 2012 one... Whoops
    Last edited by Nathan_jones2002; 9th January 2013 at 16:00.

  10. #9
    s8craig's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,557
    Easiest way to tel without all this spec looking up is to press the TEL button on your RNS-E

    If it says "Telephone not installed" then you don't have bluetooth.

  11. #10
    Nathan_jones2002's Avatar
    V8 - only sound a man needs

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig View Post
    Easiest way to tel without all this spec looking up is to press the TEL button on your RNS-E

    If it says "Telephone not installed" then you don't have bluetooth.
    yeah, it says telephone not installed. I thought that would mean I needed to pair it with my phone... Oh well, look like NHN is getting a PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO