Fitted RNSE but can't access coding on VCDS for it

fonz600

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received a LED RNSE for my B7 A4 today and as the sticker on the unit is an Audi one I didn't need to switch any pins like on Seat units.

Anyways obviously it unplugged and plugged in fine and after changing the language to English I had a wee play with and all seems to work ok. So I then tried to code it thru VCDS with my Genuine Ross Tech cable however clicking on the Navigation or the Radio buttons I just get a unit not found error.

Any suggestions or help on this available?
What am I doing wrong?

You do need to move pins on a B7

K-line and BOSE (if fitted)

But the K-line is why you cannot access it, move the wire from C7 to B5 for K-line (green/blue) and B5 to B7 for BOSE (brown)

OK mate,

My problem is that I don't seem to have a block for that.
The wiring to my ConcertII+ was a brown/black plug connected to the big block u open with lifting the lever and a green block that went into the C plug. Nothing wa splugged into the B plug?

So you need a B plug to move the K-line into and it means you do not have BOSE or a CD/Ipod

Dunno if your getting my PM's mate as my post count ain't high enough. I got your last 1 tho.
Is a retrofit for CD changer/IPod possible without Audi putting that wiring in place or is it a headache of splicing into the existing harness?

If you buy a CD changer & qualock harness or an Ipod kit with quadlockthen you will get the required B plug and you can just move you C7 wire to B5 of the new plug.

I am getting your PM's but I'm fitting a shower today so don't really have time to answer in two places when the forum itself is good enough.