Retrofitting rnse

Mav190sline

Reaction score
As above, I will be doing this at the weekend. I have all the parts required but have read that it will need coding using vcds. Would I be able to do it myself using vcds lite or will I have to get it done elsewhere. I will be changing from single to double din. Any tips or feedback would be much appreciated. Car is a4 avant b6 sline

Many thanks

Mark

You won't be able to code via VCDS Lite. The unit only really needs coding to activate certain features such as Bluetooth, CD Changer, AUX etc and depending on what car the RNS-E was previously installed into will determine the coding that already exists.

You should be able to fit the RNS-E and to actually use the unit as your normally would, but say if you find your Bluetooth or CD-Changer isn't working, its because of the coding of the RNS-E.

The Single to Double Din conversion isn't too bad, just don't be too rough when taking out the old cage, and focus more on the positioning of the cage rather than brute force to remove it.. generally twisting whilst pulling is the best way to remove the cage.

Good luck.

HI mate,

if you anywhere near london i know someone who has a vcd module who would be happy to help.

d

Thanks d. Am in Surrey so not to far. Will install at the weekend and see what happens. Don't have Bluetooth or 6 disc changer so may be ok. Will let u know. Thanks for your input

Mark

Hi mate,

No problems mate, I'm gonna change my unit to rns-e soon, this weekend im changing speakers to Jl audio as recommended by andmac.

D