Mp3 sd card help!

belham31

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 07 s3 with the Audi mmi system. I have currently got a 2gb micro sd (non hc) in an sd adapter and this works. How ever there is one song on there that you press and it doesn't play just goes onto the next song. Most of the others show on there and work fine but there's about ten on there that do not show up but are on the card. there's only about 50 tracks on there so it's not like I've got to many on there. Any help much appreciated

Cheers Tom

Is the particular track an mp3? My wife's A3 plays MP3 but not WMA. Check if the track which doesn't play is a WMA or other format.
Good luck
Dave

They all need to be MP3, also check the name of the song, if its too long it wont show up, has its own limitation unfortunately.

Thanks a lot, got most songs sorted but seems a few songs that have a larger size file like over 10mb show up on the screen but when you press on them it just skips straight to the next track.

Cheers Tom

Strange as dont think mine have that issue, have you tried an actual sd card?

Yeah I have now got a 2gb normal sd card now and it's still the same. I've shortened the names of the files less than the ones that do work. Only reason it's annoying me is that id love to here this certain song through the Bose!

,cheers

What bit rate is it, rip a lower rate & then test it.

Not sure will check, how do I change the bit rate? Cheers

If you got from itunes, you used to be able to set the bitrate you prefer iirc, but that was while ago & dont use itunes myself anymore.

Alternatively if its ripped from cd, just rip with wmp & you can set within media player the bitrate to rip it as, I always use 192 as its clear enough & not to large in file size.

Won't this then convert it to a wma that it won't be able to play anyway?

Not if you also set the rip settings to be mp3.

Ok thanks, shall give it a go in the week. Also do you know that unlocking sat nav disc in the DVD drive can only be done by Audi?

No, the dvd can also be unlocked with vcds, of which is 1 of many functions it can do, of which I sell :)

Vcds? Explain more lol how much is this and can you do anything else? Cheers

VCDS is a software/cable package much like the dealer uses but more user friendly that enables diagnostics for your car, here's the manufacturer:

Ross-Tech: VCDS

It can clear errors, read fault codes, code new features (based on cars systems installed or being installed), read measurements, allow retrofitting, it can do a vast number of things.

Have sorted mp3 problems thanks for all your help

Please help this is driving me mad, I have followed all the advice on his thread, converted to mp3 and then down grade the Kbps to187 and all my mmi system just say loading constantly when I select the sd card. The info is on the card as it is recognised on the laptop. I have been trying to sort this for 2 days.

PC or MAC, have you formatted the card again, what format type, used a different card, what card is it, how many tracks are on the card, all relevant.