Scratches on rnse screen

shaksq

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently purchased a rnse sat nav for my car, thing is there is some mega scratches on the screen, which just will not go away, I would appreciate any help on this or if some would recommend a fix or someone who may be able to get rid of scratches. Thank you.

Is it the actual screen or a plastic cover? Whats it made out of? Any pics?

Dan

Hi Danman 1, it is the original screen on the rnse sat nav unit I will try to up load some pick in a little while.

Sorry I do not know how to upload photo. Its pretty badly scratched, I have probably made it worse by trying to remove scratches. It has quite a bit of hazy areas on it, although you can still see the screen when it it on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you Sandra, will try to upload pics.

Sorry I do not know how to upload photo. Its pretty badly scratched, I have probably made it worse by trying to remove scratches. It has quite a bit of hazy areas on it, although you can still see the screen when it it on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
If its really bad change the plastic

Thank you for the reply voorhees, any idea where to get and how to change the plastic, is it a difficult job.

Thank you for the reply voorhees, any idea where to get and how to change the plastic, is it a difficult job.
Hi,go on the model relevant section and post the question.

Once again Thankyou voorhees, will post on a3 section now.

Scratches on the screen is usually the antiglare coating, cleaning it just makes things worse. So clean off the antiglare coating completely with some kitchen roll and windolene.

Don't spray the windolene onto teh screen, spray it onto the kitchen roll and wapie the screen, leave it for a few mins and then start cleaning it all off.

Use PlastRX, works a treat as per craig states for the antiglare coating, done a number of screens myself.

If you can get a nail in the scratches, then its actually damaged the plastic itself of the lcd & either live with or new screen.

Thank you for all your reply just ordered a new screen protector and will o and buy the plast rx today.

Big thanks to those that said use 'scratch x'.
I bought some, and even though it says 'do not use on sat nav units' on the back, i used it anyway, and it took all the scratches off my screen, looks as good as new now, and before i used it the screen looked as if someone had tried to clean it with sandpaper!

Anyway cheers, can recommend this to anyone else with scratches!