Audi Nav+ problems

Andi

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post, so be gentle ;)
I picked up a '55 plate A3 3.2 V6 Sportback on Saturday and although I'm loving everything about the car (my previous was a rather tame in comparison A4 '11 plate TDIe) I have a couple of issues with the nav which I'm sure are easy fixes:

N00b question first, is this the RNS-E you all talk about?

IMG_20120602_170248.jpg

Second question: When the dealer purchased it (well, car sourcer clever lady) she said the radio received perfect reception. I can't pick up a single station. I know there's a couple of FM boosters in the boot, so I had a look.
The first (large) one doesn't seem to get any power on any of the connections when I "voltmeter'd" it.

20120603_164348.jpg

I presume there should be +12V somewhere? What fuse controls the FM amps - could it be that simple? I did a quick scan of the fuses in the driver's side cubby but couldn't find a blown on in any that seemed relevant from the lookup table.

Next, the mini amps, I have one on the left hand side, but on the right, there's nothing - just a blue and black cable + connector hanging off the windscreen element. Should there be something like this on the other side too?

20120603_164333.jpg

And final question - as you can see from the first picture, I have Phone Prep Low without any useful cradle, just the interface on the dash. Can you get a "universal" holder for the mount that might support MicroUSB on a Samsung Galaxy S3 - or can you add a bluetooth module to that to add a BT function to the car?

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
Probably a broken connection through the boot bracket for the antenna.

Audi are about to launch some universal cradle plates for charging all types of phones, mini USB, Ipod, Sony Ericsson. I don't know much about them excepyt to say they are wider than the standard cradles for universal mounting.

Where's the boot bracket located? Is it in the hinges?
And which line should get 12v? Would be interested in putting some power to it to see if it solves the reception issue.

Last edited:
Anyone got a bit more detail on where to look and where I should be getting power to the lower amp?

Also, what's the ETA on Audi's new cradles?

Pretty sure the 12V comes through the centre of the coaxial.