RNS-e on it's way out?

JasonS

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, I have a factory fitted RNS-e in my 2005 A4 Cabriolet.

It's running the 2012 maps and SW 650 (My DVD burner was able to burn the ISO I found successfully)

I recently upgraded the Bluetooth module to one with full functionality and coded the Head unit accordingly - all works well.

In the last week, I've started to see some odd behaviour.

1. twice while driving through the Hatfield tunnel in the afternoon, the display has switched to INFO Alert, Alarm!
2. twice when starting the car, the unit has decided it needed to re-scan my MP3 cards before picking up playback at the exact point where it left off.
3. The NAV setup screen became corrupted and I had to reset the unit by holding RADIO and SETUP at the same time

I've just taken delivery of a Multimedia interface and was thinking of fitting this at the weekend as well as enabling the VIM hack but I'm a bit worried that it's on it's last legs and I'll just hasten it's demise..

It was rock solid when I had the basic functionality Bluetooth..

Is it just buggy?

Somethings wrong, maybe the BT module you got is flaky and causing the issue, in general the RNS-E and BT options are rock solid.

So I would disconnect the BT module for a while and see if you still have issues with the RNS-E