RNS-E S/W Upgrade question - New to the Forum

dmistry21

Reaction score
I have an Audi 3.0 Quattro (54 reg) with an RNS-E headunit and need to know what I need to buy.

I've sort of got an idea from some of the posts on here. The S/W Version is 0550, HW is H99 and Map is M1N061018_EN0603 (Understand that the maps have nothing to do with the s/w upgrade). What I need to know is:

1. What S/W version can I upgrade to (i.e Can I go straight to the latest S/W version or is there an upgrade path ?)
2. I also want to enable the aux port so I can use a 3.5mm Jack on an iphone and is there any coding required (Not sure if 0550 lets you do this ?)
3. Is updating the software simple as putting the DVD Rom in the drive and letting it run ?

Many Thanks

SW 650 is the highest and will never be superceded on the MK1 RNS-E.

Enabling the AUX port can be done with VCDS, so yes coding is required

Yes, simply insert the latest DVD and let it run through updating twice.

(Understand that the maps have nothing to do with the s/w upgrade).

Not entirely true as the fw is stored on the map dvd, unless you've downloaded the fw from another source.

Not entirely true as the fw is stored on the map dvd, unless you've downloaded the fw from another source.

Didn't know that. So i'm guessing I can upgrade the S/W via a CD-R or a new Map DVD ?

said:
I'm pretty sure the 550, 600 and 650 does have aux support but I could be wrong.

Just ordered it
icon7.png
Next step figure out how to fit it but cross that bridge when I get there...

I'll attempt the VCDS programming with the 0550 S/W first and see how I get on.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi dont wanna hijack the thread but will a rnse disc from a 2011 model car work on our rnse satnavs 2005 model cars?