Adding DAB to RNS-E

It can be, but without any control from the RNS-E and you would require an IMA adaptor for the RNS-E, so unless you have a pre 2010 RNS-E that allows VIM hacking then you would have to stop the car to see the screen or use a VIM can bus unit to disable the speed signal.

I have another little project on the go to provide an integrated DAB receiver for RNS-e or concert/symphony as long as you have a MFSW.

It can be, but without any control from the RNS-E and you would require an IMA adaptor for the RNS-E, so unless you have a pre 2010 RNS-E that allows VIM hacking then you would have to stop the car to see the screen or use a VIM can bus unit to disable the speed signal.

I have another little project on the go to provide an integrated DAB receiver for RNS-e or concert/symphony as long as you have a MFSW.

Alas, I don't, otherwise I'd have been tempted by one of these.

Just noticed this thread Craig. I'd love dAB in my S3 (MY10) is it possible?

Just came across this little thread and thought I would pop up an option!!

We are also partners with GetDigitalRadio - DAB Digital Radio - Pure, Roberts, Stations, DAB, Evoke, In Car, Online, Portable, Digital Radios, Highway, One, Station, Sony

AutoDAB_Audi_Logo.png

Audi DAB Aftermarket AutoDAB Radio A1 A3 A4 TT | Advanced In Car Technologies

You can read up on two different options here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-products/166119-fancy-digital-radio-dab-your-audi.html#post1654487

Anyone had the advanced in car DAB fitted?

Fancy adding DAB to my new S3 (RNS-E). Anyone tried this unit?

I eventually replaced my trusty old Revo In-car DAB with a Kinetic Digitizor from DABonwheels. Click here.

It's absolutely brilliant. Still uses FM-modulation but it's properly engineered (provided you go for the wired installation), provides DAB station info on the head unit and DIS, and is completely invisible once installed.

Brest £90 I've spent on the car, by a loong way.

Fancy adding DAB to my new S3 (RNS-E). Anyone tried this unit?

Check out this video I made bud... Shows off the AutoDAB working on the RNSe

I haven't tried jdp's Digitizor before. It's quite a good system if you don't have steering wheel controls. If you have steering wheel controls then go for the AutoDAB. Works really well with them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried jdp's Digitizor before. It's quite a good system if you don't have steering wheel controls. If you have steering wheel controls then go for the AutoDAB. Works really well with them!

Spot on, Tim. If I'd had steering wheel controls, I'd have gone for AutoDAB. As it is, the Kinetic does a cracking job. It might be worth you getting one to evaluate.