Audi Navigation

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just been to look at a 2009 s3 sportback at the local dealership. They said it had Bluetooth telephone, but couldn't see any visable signs. How can you tell easily?
Also there is no sat nav which is a downer, when asking about it the sales guy went to the parts department and came back with some Audi navigation system that they could fit for £500 has some finger print scanner on the top and gets wired in on a mount. Anyone know what these are and what they are like? I would prefer a retrofit but it has Bose, so not sure if the navigation plus can be fitted?

The RNS-E can be fitted with Bose no problem.

Unit with Fingerprint scanner? First Ive heard of such a thing, especially from a dealer.

Easiest way to find if BT exists wheb installed with a standard stereo is to simply connect to the audi kit, if its even found, using passcode '1234' and wait for the 'bong' to confirm your connection.

Can the dealer fit RNS-E?

It was some new Audi sat nav thing I guess competing with Tom Tom, has a finger print scanner so it's of no use without you swiping your finger first they said something about fitting onto a bracket where ever you like, and all the cables are run so nothing hanging across the dash. Had Audi printed on it and everything.

Thought it was strange they came up with this especially after I asked them about cruise control and they said it could be fitted for about £350 thought they would be ale to fit the nav plus unit as well!

They can fit the RNS-E unit though their retail price on the unit is around £1500 so not exactly the best choice.

Why dont you give Nigel (NHN) a message, he'd certainly be able to knock you up a very reasonable price for Navigation and Cruise
Control.