JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

RNSE navigation disc/ bluetooth module

Hi I am after abit of advice, have a couple of questions.

I have a 2005 A3 Sportback with factory fitted Bluetooth and MFSW and have retrofitted RNSE. It's has SW: 0550 and HW: H54

1. Other than updated roads what benefits do I get from upgrading my 2007 navigation disc to the 2011 edition?

2. Currently my DIS does not display my address book when paired with my iPhone, it just says NO ENTRIES.
    The Bluetooth works fine when someone phones I can answer with the MFSW and can make a call when I scroll through my iPhone.
    I have been reading some older posts and think its down to either that it needs coding through VAG-COM. Or I have an OLD BT module
    (probably D version) from what I have been reading. My RNSE does not display the Bluetooth symbol as well at the bottom where TMC is.

My dilemma is do I go down the route and pay somonee to do the coding thing first or just buy a later BT module ( seen some H and K
    versions on eBay ).

Any feedback back would be much appreciated. :-)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I can help with the little bluetooth icon. With VCDS you need to go into 'Telephone' (address 77 I think), and the third digit from the left needs to be set for high line, so it needs to be set from '0' to '1'.

So for instance, if your present code is 0001622, you would change it to 0011622 and click 'DO IT'. You will then get the bluetooth icon in the display.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Stay away from the 'K' module, known firmware issues. I was browsing yesterday and I bought a 'Q' module, there was also a 'S' for £140.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    If it is not a highline or comfort phone module, then you will never be able to code it for the RNS-E.

so D or E module, no good

Any other EU suffix will work, but you will need to code it correctly 0011422 for an A3 with MFSW or 0010322 for an A3 without MFSW

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply's

If I did upgrade my Bluetooth module which prefix is best to go for? Is anything after E and avoiding K ok to use?

Jb0o where did you see the S version?

Where is the Bluetooth module located on a A3 Sportback? Is it under the drivers seat?

6th Gear

Status
    8P1 862 335 A is the latest one.

8P0 862 335 Q/S/AA are fine

It is located under the passenger floor in a RHD A3

North East Forum Moderator

Status

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all

I finally managed to borrow a VAG COM cable and have tonight had a look at my coding

s8craig is correct and I could not code my telephone module, all I get is error 31 request out of range.

I have a couple of questions thou (novice to vag com).

I currently have on channel 77 telephone 0001222. ???? Is this correct?

I also have a fault code on channel 56 radio my coding is 020531 again is this correct ????

As on the original thread I have a 2005 A3 Sportback with factory MFSW and GSM Phone and have retrofitted RNSE and iPod dock in the glovebox.

Would be grateful for any assistance.