2011 Black Edition with Concert - swapping for RNS-E

Ninja21

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im sure this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find the answer. I have a Concert with BOSE as its standard on the BE, I also have full voice phone prep is this a separate module and when swapping with the RNS-E will i still have full phone handsfree functionality.

Any advice with the DIY fit is appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Are you adding AMI? If you are you will need to buy a harness. If not it will be plug and play. Your modules will all work like they do now but you will need to use VCDS to code the RNSE with the right options.

I would love to know the answer to this to.
I am in the middle of spec'ing up a new black edition but cannot afford the RNSe. I will be getting the SDS with Btooth and I plan to retrofit an RNSe to replace the concert at a later date.

My question is will the RNSe display the track names and sat nav directions in the DIS ? According to Audi you need to spec the AMI but the configurator wont let you do this in isolation and says you need to take the RNSe as well.

Really confused. Sorry for the hijack Ninja21 but I think your question is pretty much the same.