RNS-E (mk2) Park Distance Control

Avus Sportback

Reaction score
Guys,

Can someone please clarify what I need to do or install to get the PDC screen on my 2010 RNS-E , my car is a 2009 with sensors factory fitted.

I take it the PDC is a screen showing the 4 sensors and not a camera?

Cheers

I think the car needs to have front & rear sensors fitted from factory to show PDC display on RNSE.

If you only have rears Nige NHN is your man for identifying the additional modules and looms you are likely to need from Kufatec (if any), and for coding advice to bring it all together.

Cheers Warren, only just thought about it after reading you "technical hitch" post this morning!!

Hope you get it sorted...

Checkout my OPS thread which has a fair bit of info on said feature, but you do need front/rear, not solely rears, but I can retrofit it if interested.

Only reason I ordered fronts was to get PDC, I hadnt specced them, but it was either Paddy or Coss who spotted I would be missing out. Wanted full camera vision, but only seems to be available with sport back model :sign_unfair:

Not wanting to Hi-jack a thread! but I've just bought a replacement Front S-line bumper With sensor holes for my A4 Avant B7 which already has factory rear sensors. What do I need to retro-fit front sensors?
I saw that Kufatec do a loom, nut I was also wondering if the sensors them selfs are the same for a B7 as they are for the newer A4's (B8?)
I'm hopin they are because I've found a guy selling them for less than £20 each!

The new bumper also has the washer jet holes nut thats a whole other story :)
Any info appreciated! :)

I'd imagine you'd need the sensor pack plus any additional loom extensions / connections for your specific model. Then you'd need to code the car up so it knew it had sensors connected with VCDS.

Mostly guessing but Nige will know.

Sensor numbers arent the same & I'm sure the B7 used the larger sensors found on the early 8P's aswell, so no I dont think a B8 sensor will be plugnplay.

You will need a button for console & looms aswell, plus correct controller for front & rear.

If you need an nstaller, give me a shout.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Any idea on the part numbers then Nige?? Warren gave the impression that your the 'go to guy' on these matters :)
Can't get them installed until I have them :)

So far I've come across variations on a theme of:
4B0 919 275
4B0 919 275A
4H0 919 275
4H0 919 275A

I'm aware I will need to have the appropriate harness connecting to the sensors (guessing kufatec, unless you think a A3 8P harness would work? don't ask how I came across it :p )
Then the correct wiring harness from the sensors back to the control module (any ideas on part numbers for this??), and then from the control module back.
I'm also aware I'll need a switch in the cab to turn off the fronts (i did do a little bit of homework :p) but again these are rare on the B7 and part numbers are difficult to find :( someone said I may need to get a new button rail which includes the ABS and PDC button as they aren't available seperately??

Does anyone know anyone with access to the audi Part number database?
Or a friendly dealer?
So far if i ring up they ask for 'my' chassis number, but thats not very usefull when your trying to add stuff!!
Cheers
Sam