2002 Navigation plus - never on right road

Rolling Thunder

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I am playing with my new car a 2002 Audi A4 fitted with Navigation Plus and I have a problem..

The map is displaying the car moving but its not even close to the road I am actually on... its the right general area of the map but without it being on the right road - its unusable.

Is there a way to reset the satellite lock or something? My Tom Tom works fine but I would like to use the system in the car?

Suggestions please? I have the manual but cant see anything that might help

The gps antenna will be faulty, as the navigation picks up the speed of the car via the can-bus system. Get a replacement from eBay, can be fitted just behind the glove box and they cost around £10-£20.

Thanks.

Does anyone know where the original aerial is so that I take a look at the connections etc first?

If it's factory fit then then the GPS is part of the aerial on the roof. That is the common part that fails, you could spend a few days ripping the car apart and check all the connections (there are a couple as it's part of the cars wiring harness) or you just replace the antenna. You could also replace the aerial/GPS with a new Audi part but they are around £100+

As Chris has a cabriolet then it is in the boot lid, not the roof and chances are it's a broken cable as it's a common fault on the cabbys that the cables fail over time with the boot opening and closing.

Thanks Craig - is there a fix or is it better to install a standalone aerial inside the dash. Perhaps you wouldnt mind recommending any aerials as I see you are in this kind of industry :thumbsup:. I would be happy with a PM if adverstising is frowned upon in this forum

I would go as suggested with a £20 puck behind the dash cluster or under the dash above the glovebox. Seems the simplest solution.