Can't Pair to Bluetooth - Help please

David Cook

Reaction score
Ok heres my predicament, previously had a B7 S4 with the full rns e satnav bluetooth etc... and loved the ease of use especially the bluetooth setup,

Anyway sold the S4 and boufgt a 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant with the same rns e etc, tried to pair my phone to it over the weekend and just cannot find the Audi system?

Phone is a Galaxy s 2 and was paired to the S4 with no problems, but I am confused, any advice please, do I need to update any software/firmware?

Or is there anywhere I can go (specalists) in the Romford/Essex area that might be able to help or sort it out?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

David

Couple of things; don't know if they will be relelvant for A4:

1) I tried to pair to a Golf Mk6 recently (hire car), and the menu said it had reached it maximum number of profiles (4 phones linked to bluetooth system max). I had to delete them out of profile using the nav unit in phone settings.

2) Then it was recycle ignition, put phone setting to bluetooth discoverable and continue the pairing as usual (using code 1234).

If that still fails may be worth getting bluetooth module checked with VCDS to make sure it's working.

The 3.0 will not be the sme as the rns-e, you will have mmi system. If you press the tel button on the controls around the gear stick do you get phone not conned message or telephone not installed? If it's the not installed message then the Audi Bluetooth system will need to be retrofitted.

He may have a 3.0 tdi B7 though nutty, which will be the same.

I'm on a job tomorrow in Essex if that helps :)

PM'd you my number if you want to pop by.

Yes it is a 3.0 B7

Nigel, thanks for the message, I have actually sorted it out now, was a schoolboy error of trying to pair whilst moving. :banghead:, but I would be interested to know what you could or do do with my car, i see there are plenty of hidden features and stuff like that.

Cheers David

He may have a 3.0 tdi B7 though nutty, which will be the same.

I'm on a job tomorrow in Essex if that helps :)

PM'd you my number if you want to pop by.

Forgot about the 3.0Tdi in the B7:hi: