Idea???

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Just wondering, i have been looking at integrating some form of sat nav in my B5 for a bit now, was intending on building a Tom Tom or the like into the dash permanently, but lacking space to mount it anywhere.

Anyway, i have a DVD player headunit with screen, would it be possible to buy a sat nav reciever to work with my headunit? Like this GLOBALSAT BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER FOR PC NETBOOK SATNAV | eBay

I dont have a clue about them so go easy please. Would this display proper maps etc like sat navs with screens? Or do you need the maps etc installed on the device(Headunit, laptop) for it to work?

If it wont, is there any other system that can work with my hedunit as i dont plan on changing this due to my audio set up???

Cheers, Mick.

That is for a laptop/PC, if your single din and don't want to convet then go for one of the fold out screen jobs, if your double din then you have a lot more options.

Na, as said mate, i dont want to give up the unit i have, has too many features for the audio that others dont and not looking to shell out hundreds for another unit. If there isny any compatible options i'll go banck to original plan....or give up!