Need HELP now please :-(

Paul1982

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought a 2004 allroad with the Audi Navigation Plus (big screen) satnav and there was no disc in it.
So borrowed my mates RS4 2006 Disc and first of all it said 'Installing updates'. Once finished its again ask for software disc.
Took the disc out and tried again but nothing.
THEN - turned the engine off and now the whole unit will not even start!!!!!!!!!!

What have I done????

Paul

Just to confirm - just pulling the unit out and its a RNS-E
Now have the power back but its only saying 'Insert Software CD' and no radio etc either

Are you using a copied or genuine disk? The second software update is normal, but I'm guessing there is a fault with disk you are using, you need to try another disk of the same year.

Its was a genuine audi disc that also says RNS-E on it - but surely cos its got newer maps it shouldnt stop all the power to the rest of the funtions??

It's waiting on the second software update, without that there is no software loaded to run the functions, so at the moment the unit is a nice looking brick, you need another disk of the same year. I've had this twice before and inserting another disk of the same year fixed this error.

The rns-e disks don't just have maps on them, they also have firmware/software updates for the rns-e

Ah right - is there someone in the south wales area with this I can borrow for a second then?
OR is there a website link I can create my own disc too????

If it's a 2006 disk then look on eBay, don't think you would pay anything more than £10

Last edited: