Newbie to Navigation Plus (Firmware and Mp3 query)

FishThrower

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my Audi S3 2007-2008 for a week now (love the car!) but im a bit dissapointed with the Navigation Plus system. The CD-Changer doesnt seem to play mp3s, when inserting a disc, the MMI displays "Unreadable Format"

I know this question has been asked numerous times, but each answer seems to be different.

I currently have the following version on my Navigation Plus System

S/W 0650
HW H74
Map 8P0919884_AA_EUW

Would I be able to upgrade the firmeware of my device? would this resolve the above problems? and also give me 3D maps? what is the latest offical release version?

Also, would upgrading the firmware break the communications to the DIS? or would it work normally?

I'm not too knowledgeable on these things, buddy, but welcome to the forum! My RNS-E is the MK2 which is fitted to MY10 onwards A3/S3's and paired with the CD changer I have fitted, it doesn't play MP3's either :(. I just download all the MP3's I want to play onto SD cards and use these instead. Again I believe 3D maps are only available on the later MK2 systems, but Nigel (NHN) is the person who knows all there is to know about Audi electrics and ICE related stuff, so hopefully he will be able to help you out. :)

You should have 3D view anyways, go into Navigation settings and map type and the option should be 3D or birds eye view.

No you cannot upgrade any higher than 0650 for any extra functionality and 650 is the highest firmware, well 660 if you include hacked units for SDS, but that would require some rewiring as well.

The CD changer interface has not changed for 10 years, still the same as the 2001 cars they first appeared in with no text support or mp3.

Thanks for the replies

I will go through the options of the unit, do any SD cards work OK with the MMI for me to be able to play Mp3s?