Looking for someone to supply and fit an RNS-E unit in the Leeds area

stucker

Reaction score
Hi there, as the title says really. Due to my existing RNS-E (which was a retrofit) being stolen from my 56 plate S4 cab, I am looking for someone in the Leeds area who is able to supply and fit a new one. Should be a straightforward job as the wiring and harness is for a 2nd generation unit already, but if the more recent 3rd generation can be fit instead (I don't know if this is possible on my car) would rather have that unit fitted - figured I may aswell get an upgrade if I can to make all the **** of sorting the damage out that little bit more less painful. Thanks in advance guys and pm me if you can help

Yes should be possible and a straight fit in your car, unfortunately im not in your area better off looking on classifieds to see if you can pick up something then should be plug and play although you may need to have it coded once fitted

Steve - just read your post. Have you had the one stolen that I rewired and coded for you ?

I know of a place to get a unit from but it's not the latest. I bought it thinking it was for an A3 but it isn't ! The guy gave me the money back.

PM for details

Cheers

Mike

Over 100 units stolen in the Leeds/Bradford area recently, looks like you are 1 of the 100, gutted for you.

You can fit a newer unit if you buy and A3 or TT unit and swap the faceplate with an A4 unit. Not too hard to do, but you have to be careful removing the screen.

Over 100 units stolen in the Leeds/Bradford area recently, looks like you are 1 of the 100, gutted for you.

You can fit a newer unit if you buy and A3 or TT unit and swap the faceplate with an A4 unit. Not too hard to do, but you have to be careful removing the screen.

I bought an A4 one in error a month or so ago - the guy I got it from 'assumed' I wanted it for an A4 but I need an A3 one. He refunded the cash without question.

Thing is, whilst the units are the same, where can you buy the different face plates from ? I once saw an A3 faceplate on ebay for £50 but have seen nothing since.

Mike,

you've been recommended by a friend who had his A3 coded by you, any chance you could give me your number so i can arrange to come and have mine done.