Crap navigation

leighb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently put my A4 Avant in part ex for an A6 S Line special Edition, new, I was told by the salesman that the sat nav is far more advanced than that of my 08 A4,

To be honest it is far from advanced, it has no split screen to tell me my next 3 turns or lane guidance, it is also slow to respond when I start the car, and says navigation initiating or some thing.

The Audi dealer has told me that's how it is and I have to put up with it. which I am not happy about,
The car is 4 months old now.

Has any one any ideas on what I can do please.

Nothing, the 2G system was never as good as the RNS-E in your A4.

The 3G system is all the good features of the RNS-E and MMI 2G combined with some new whistles and bells.....

Thanks for that Craig,
I am a disappointed I was told it was an updated system though, Do you think Audi will upgrade to a 3G system ?
Has the HDD system got what I need ?
The car is going back to the dealer for the day next week to see what the problem is.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Audi dealers tend not to retrofit anything. Espcially something like nav. At a push some will add cruise to a car, but thats about it.

No dealership will do it. They may farm it out, but why should they pay for it. You would need a pretty strong case to get them to pay for an upgrade.